AV receiver Yamaha rxa850 input setting

Shakey 4352

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear all I shall be very great full if any one help me setting input in my Yamaha RXA 850 AV receiver I have connected HDMI output from setup box to HDMI input 1 in AV receiver when I on the receiver it will automatically goes to AV 4 (default ) and there is no sound comes Thru speakers and I have to press HDMI 1 in AV receiver then the sound comes thru the speakers.ARC is on in the setting so how to combine hdmi 1 with tv sound automatically in input setting ,due to this Iam experiencing internal crash sometimes and AV receiver display is not showing thou Iam resetting it. Thanks in advance.

What TV do you have?

Turn off HDMI Control onboard the AV receiver. THis will prevent to detection of your TV via HDMI switching the receiver to the default ARC source. If you rely upon HDMI Control then try turning HDMI ATC off from within the AV receiver's HDMI settings instead of HDMI Control. Note thant HDMI CEC is required for ARC.

If wanting to use ARC then you'd have to tolerate the receiver auto switching to the associated ARC source when powering the unit up. There are ways around this if using a Harmony remote, but this would require such a remote and a modification to the activities that include the AV receiver that add additional elements to the startup commands.

Denon and Marantz AV receivers do include the option to circumvent the HDMI switching, but this ability is specific to D&M receivers.

It is not a fault with either your TV or the receiver and is a flaw associated with HDMI CEC and ARC.

Last edited:
Greetings.
We just picked a new entertainment center, and I am finally taking the opportunity to reconfigure everything.

Is there such a thing as a typical/default configuration? TV on HDMI 1, BluRay on HDMI 3, etc? It never seemed to be right... had issues with tv or receiver not turning on with everything else.

components:
Yamaha Receiver RX-A850
Samsung UN55F800P 55in
Sony BDPS790 Blu-ray/DVD player
XBOX 360
DirecTV
HD DVR for security cameras

I also have a couple old school components:
JVC KD-V300 Stereo Cassette Deck

I have the TV connected wirelessly to my home network, but I’m not sure if I should have the receiver connected or both.

I appreciate the constructive feedback.

rb

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom