• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AV Receiver with MP3 and PC connectivity

rob_n_em

Established Member
Hi there,

I'm looking for a receiver that will be able to play MP3s from my pc and sony MP3 player.

The system will primarily be used with my PS3, Xbox and Sky HD box, but when we have parties, I'd like to be able to connect something to it to play MP3s. Will most amps allow this? what's the simplest way to connect either a pc or mp3 player to it?

My budget for the receiver is £450. And will be teamed to Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema pack with 2050 free standing fronts.

Thanks,
Rob

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Any amp and:

3.5mm Jack Plug to Phono Cable 1m Premium Only

From you mp3 player or pc to your amp.
If your amp has an optical or coaxial digital out you can get a cable for that from the same sight pretty cheap too.

Not sure but I think the QA speaker packages are usually a neutral sound, so should be able to be paired with any amp.
I'd recommend Yamaha, but then I'd be biased as I like the sound of yamaha's, then there's Denon, Onkyo....quite a choice for up to £450.

http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/home-cinema-separates/av-receivers

:smashin:

tris

Last edited:

mossym

Distinguished Member
is your amp beside the pc or do you want it to play over the network? two very different things

rob_n_em

Established Member
Thanks tris, that's much appreciated, I didn't realise it would be so simple, or cheap!! :)

is your amp beside the pc or do you want it to play over the network? two very different things

I think that we'll usually have a laptop next to the AV amp, our Sky router isn't the strongest, so I don't rely on it's network being available 100% of the time.

Thanks,
Rob

mossym

Distinguished Member
I think that we'll usually have a laptop next to the AV amp, our Sky router isn't the strongest, so I don't rely on it's network being available 100% of the time.

Thanks,
Rob

the suggested option is perfect then...dirt cheap and easy to hook up

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom