AV Receiver to match with my Pio LX5090 TV

Rajiv26

Standard Member
Reaction score
Team

Couple of months back, I bought a Pio Kuro LX5090 and simply loves this screen for all the input (SD / HD / BD).. Recently I have added Sony BDP S360 as blue ray player in my setup ..

Now I am looking for a very good AV Receiver along with perfect speakers (total budget £1500)..

Please suggest the below points
1) Which AV Receiver is the best suitable for Pio Kuro LX5090, specially for Video quality (Audio comes default).
2) Speakers package (including Subwoof).. Any set of speakers, which matches the above AV Receiver
3) Should I go for a tall speakers or small speakers (kef)

Please share your view

Thanks
Raj

I don't know what you mean by matching unless you mean colour and style, because anything else is not relevant for an AV system to match the TV.

And personally I think you should put sound quality above the color and style.

For my £1500, I'd sqeeze an extra £100 in and get the Yamaha 1065 amp and the MA bronze BR5 speaker package

Yamaha RXV1065

Monitor Audio BR5AV Speaker Pack

If you have to stick to £1500, you could get these speakers with the Yamaha 1065 amp.

Monitor Audio BR2AV Speaker Pack

Or, probably a better way would be to get the BR5 pack and a cheaper amp, either the £400 denon 1910 or £350 Yamaha 765. Find the extra hunded pounds if you can though, because the 1065 and the BR5 speaker pack will be a great combination.

Thanks team for your view,

I read a lot about Denon (1910 or 2810) / Onkyo AV (606 / 607 / 875 / 876) receiver review on this forum..

I am just wondering, should I stick to Yamaha or Denon or Onkyo as Brand..

And can you please clarify one of my doubts
1) Does high end AV receiver such as Yamaha 1065 / Onkyo 876 helps to upscale all the video signals to 1080p.. That means if I put any low video signal thru AV receiver to TV, will this gets upscale to 1080p.
2) Or My Pion Kuro TV take care of this upscaling as of now itself… I am just trying to clear my concept regarding AV receiver video upscaling features..

Last edited:
Thanks team for your view,

I read a lot about Denon (1910 or 2810) / Onkyo AV (606 / 607 / 875 / 876) receiver review on this forum..

I am just wondering, should I stick to Yamaha or Denon or Onkyo as Brand..

And can you please clarify one of my doubts
1) Does high end AV receiver such as Yamaha 1065 / Onkyo 876 helps to upscale all the video signals to 1080p.. That means if I put any low video signal thru AV receiver to TV, will this gets upscale to 1080p.
2) Or My Pion Kuro TV take care of this upscaling as of now itself… I am just trying to clear my concept regarding AV receiver video upscaling features..

The amps you mention will upsacle analogue video signals to 1080p (though some of the lower Onkyo models may not or only do 1080i). However, with amps less than about £1000, your TV will do just as good a job as the amp does. Even amps at £1000+ will not make much of a difference unless they are really expensive.

The speakers that I posted about, the MA BR2/5 package are known to be bright sounding and so work best with amps with a warm nature, such as Denon or yamaha. The Onkyo amps are usually bright in nature, so they may not be the best pairing with the MA BR2/5 speakers. Peoples' sound preferences differ, so if you can demo, then try several amp speaker combinations.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response..

InFact, I am going to use 75 % video (SD / HD / BD) and 25 % Audio.. and I am also ready to stretch my budget till £2000 ..

Now in this situation, should i go for Yamaha 1900 or any other brand model.. pls share the speaker set also..

Thanks
Raj

Thanks for your response..

InFact, I am going to use 75 % video (SD / HD / BD) and 25 % Audio.. and I am also ready to stretch my budget till £2000 ..

Now in this situation, should i go for Yamaha 1900 or any other brand model.. pls share the speaker set also..

Thanks
Raj

Are you located in the Uk? If so, there are some very good deals on the outgoing RS series, which is the step above the bronze range; they are almost half price.

For £1265, you could get this package, which does use the surrounds from the bronze range, but Rs on the other speakers. You could buy it less surrounds and get surrounds elaswhere though.

This has the Rs8 for fronts and coupled with the Yamaha 1900 is excellent (it's the package I have, though with different surrounds). The 1900 has been discontinued in the Uk (hence asking the question on location). The replacement is the 2065, which is hugely discounted to £700 at the moment. The better option would be the model above the 1900/2065, the Yamaha 3900 which can be had for £950 at the moment.

So, total price for the Rs speakers and Yamaha 3900 is just a little over £2000 and about £2000 with the 2065. The 1900 was £850 when it was on sale here a few months ago, so the sort of price you would pay if you can find one. The 1900 would be preferable to the 2065 in my view.

Monitor Audio Silver RS6 AV Speaker Package - Quantum Electronics (UK) Limited

Raj....seeing as you have a great TV why not just go for the Pioneer LX 82 amp. It would match the style of your TV and sound awesome

Then when funds are available go for the speakers that you feel sound best

Yes, I am based in London, UK.

I tried to get a hands on RS6 series in local market, but it is not available in any of the stores. Please let me know if you come across any stores having stock of RS6 series.

One more doubt.. Should I go for Pioneer LX82 AV Receiver or Yamaha 1900 .. I am just wondering whether it is better to go with pioneer AV Receiver as this will match well with my TV (sorry for my ignorance).. But I seriously need your view on this..

Also normally it is suggested to spend twice the money on speakers package, as compared to the AV Receiver.. Correct me If I am wrong..

Thanks
Raj

Yes, I am based in London, UK.

I tried to get a hands on RS6 series in local market, but it is not available in any of the stores. Please let me know if you come across any stores having stock of RS6 series.

One more doubt.. Should I go for Pioneer LX82 AV Receiver or Yamaha 1900 .. I am just wondering whether it is better to go with pioneer AV Receiver as this will match well with my TV (sorry for my ignorance).. But I seriously need your view on this..

Also normally it is suggested to spend twice the money on speakers package, as compared to the AV Receiver.. Correct me If I am wrong..

Thanks
Raj

If going for the RS series, I would go with a Yamaha amp, as the RS speakers are bright natured and the Yamahas warm, so makes a good complimentary pairing. Pioneer amps are on the bright side so may be too bright a combination with the RS speakers. The new RX series are smoother so, some people are pairing them with Pioneer amps. If you intend to demo, then do demo the Pioneer with the Rs series.

Personally, I think you should go for sound matching over style matching. If you're prepared to pay the price of the LX82, then also consider the £950 Yamaha 3900, which will be better than the 1900 or the Yamaha Z7, £1500, though there was a link on the whathifi site to an offer from i think Sevenoaks who had some on offer for £1300

BTW, I would go with the RS8s.

Spending twice the amount on ths speakers is a good ratio though it can be up to three times.

Ive also been thinking of a Pioneer LX82 amp - but this to be matched with some MA RX8 (and centre channel) speakers

These are meant to be an excellent combination albeit for approx £3000

Demo as much as you can if I were you, as a "bright" combination can become tiring when watching films and extensive listening - so if you are able to do a demo then really listen to each combination for 20 minutes or so or more

Ive been advised to shy away from the BR series of speakers with the Pioneer due to this, but Im not sure the RS model was mentioned (but in theory they should be smoother)

Personally Im going for a 50/50 ratio or there abouts between cost of the speakers / cost of the amp/reciever however I guess you could say that if I was buying the whole range of RX speakers with sub I would be nearly at the 2/3 to 1/3 ratio as mentioned above

Last edited:
My wife is not ready to go ahead with floor standing speakers.. So I have got option of going ahead only with small speakers such as Kef..

Do you think Kef 3005 Se 5.1 speakers package with HTB2SE as subwoof makes a good speaker system.

If yes, can you suggest the best Av Receiver, which matches with this speaker package.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom