AV Receiver to match Eltax x-treme 400 speakers

PatrickJames

Novice Member
Hi there,

I am looking to put together my first AV setup and would appreciate some advice. Gonna be asking stupid questions as well as it's all new to me.

I've been offered a pair of Eltax x-treme 400 speakers for free and would like to incorporate these in the setup if possible. Their specs are as follows:

Music Power: 400w
Sinus Power: 200w (guessing this is RMS)
Freq. Response: 35-20.000 Hz
Impedance: 4-8 Ohm

I've been looking around and quite like the look of the Pioneer VSX-527-K AV receiver for its all round features. Particularly DNLA and Airplay.

It states 130w per channel with 6Ohm impedance. Is this capable of driving the Eltax speakers cleanly? I have read a few articles on matching speakers to amps and i'm more confused now that when i started! seems to be a lot of variables, particularly with the speakers sensitivity (which isn't stated on the Eltax speakers. Tried to google and some suggested 88db but not sure on this).

Since its a 5.1 system I am looking at I would need a couple of bookshelf speakers, center and sub as well. Does it make much of a difference if I use these speakers as either front or rear?

If the Pioneer isn't fit for the task what kind of specs should I be looking for to drive these speakers? Or am I wasting my time trying to use these speakers with a 5.1 system?

Any and all advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom