Question AV Receiver stereo 2 ch pre out

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by iw3her, Apr 22, 2016.

1. iw3her

iw3her
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to use (sometimes) an external stereo vintage power amplifier as final amplifier of a kind of AV receiver like Onkyo TX NR-545 o 646 or 609 or similar. (only for stero 2 channels music).
    But reading the manuals i can see that the PRE output (zone 2 or VCD/DVR) sounds only from analogic input.
    Ad so, for example, if I have a CD reader connected by digital coaxial cable to the AV receiver or USB Key used by the receiver or network streaming played by the receiver, I can't use this kind of pre output.
    What a pity, the AV receiver has a very good DA converter!
    .... is there a solution?

Thanks for suggestions

Lorenzo

2. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Find an alternative brand receiver.

Certainly any AV receiver with 7.1 output would do the job, as this is exactly how i did it (ok into a 7 channel power amp, but same applies) until i replaced my receiver with the pre amp.

3. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    You need a more "up-market" model - one with pre-outs (zone 2 is not a pre-out and can't be used as if it were). Pre-outs are a feature typically omitted on entry-level models, such as those you listed. For Onkyo, that would be the TX-RZ800 or above.