AV Receiver + Speakers On Low Budget

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SebF, Mar 1, 2013.

1. SebF

SebF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I'm a relative noob with AV equipment.

I have the Panasonic TX-P42ST30B television which does have an ARC HDMI port.

I also have an Mini-ITX HTPC which (will) sit under the TV when we move in.

What I'm after I guess is an AV receiver and speaker setup that can return (through ARC I would guess) the audio from the TV itself, but also be able to play the audio from the HTPC when it's plugged in. I'm guessing this would just plug straight into the back of the AV receiver and it would then feed the signal along to the TV.

My question for you all, being perhaps a tricky one. I have £60 amazon vouchers and not much cash left after buying a house/associated bits for it. What would you all recommend I do? Purchase the AV receiver now and wait a bit to purchase the speakers separately? Or try and get an all in one solution off the bat? I would rather keep my expenses down to a minimum however and can't really go much over £160ish right now.

I understand this may be an almost impossible task, if it is, tell me so! And I will be patient.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Seb

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,437
    Your best option would be the Yamaha 196 for £180 from Richer Sounds but this would not use your amazon vouchers. Richer sounds also has the Teac 200 for £120 or Pioneer 322 for £100 and could then get a pair of Wharfedale diamond 9.0 for £40.