Av receiver speaker set up..

Gazaman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need a new av receiver as I am getting a new 3d projector so therefore need an av receiver that will pass through 3d. Trouble is I've had to beg the mrs to let me get a projector so theres no chance I can spend a lot on a receiver.
Ive seen this from richer sounds Teac AGD200 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds
and to keep costs down,I'm wondering if I could use the speakers from my current set up Sony : Specification for HT-SF1300 | HT-SF1300 technical specifications
Fingers crossed I can cos I need this sorting asap.
I would be very gratefull if somebody in the know could have a look for me as I'm not sure what to look for.

Cheers
Gaz

Yes you could use the same speakers. I assume you want the hdmi to go via the amp so you can get the higher quality bluray soundtracks, othewise is there a reason? A cheaper option may be to get a box that takes 1 hdmi in and 2 hdmi out at the same time out.

Yes you could use the same speakers. I assume you want the hdmi to go via the amp so you can get the higher quality bluray soundtracks, othewise is there a reason? A cheaper option may be to get a box that takes 1 hdmi in and 2 hdmi out at the same time out.

Hi mate,
Thats good to know. I wasnt sure as I know its got something to do with the ohms but beyond that,I wouldnt have a clue.
Yeah i would like HD audio through HDMI.
Hmmm. I see what your saying.....Split the HDMI. Send one to the receiver and one to the projector. Is that what you mean?
Cheers
Gaz

I've just had a quick google and all the splitter boxes seem to be HDMI 1.3 and not 1.4 so maybe thats not an option?
It looks like its either buy a new amp or just take the HDMI straight to the projector and use optical to amp for DD5.1 I suppose.

Intersting and well thought through point. May be someone knows about differences between 1.3 and 1.4

Intersting and well thought through point. May be someone knows about differences between 1.3 and 1.4
1.4 Is capable of return audio and ethernet, 1.3 isn't.

Right my Sony Amp has actually just given up :(
So I'm going to have to go and purchase this amp this weekend.
Just need to double check the speakers will work now I have some more info....
The speakers I currently have state 3ohms on the back.
Will they deffo work?
Just want to make sure as the mrs is giving me grief about spending money ;)

Cheers
Gaz

Anybody???
Gonna nip and collect in the morning so just wanna be sure.

Cheers
Gaz

Went out and bought it anyway:smashin:
And the speakers work:thumbsup:

The amp states on the back impedance of 6 -16 ohms but on the back of my speakers it states 3ohms.
Could this eventually damage the av receiver? I dont mind if the speakers blow at some point down the line but would rather not damage the amp.
I've had a look on google but I'm getting conflicting stories.

Cheers
Gaz

Oh and this av receiver seems a steal at £119 :thumbsup:

When I say all the speakers work I mean all except the sub. This takes a powered sub but the sub I have is powered from the amp (just has speaker wires to amp).
Gonna have to look into some new speakers by the looks of it :-(

Went out and bought it anyway:smashin:
And the speakers work:thumbsup:

The amp states on the back impedance of 6 -16 ohms but on the back of my speakers it states 3ohms.
Could this eventually damage the av receiver? I dont mind if the speakers blow at some point down the line but would rather not damage the amp.
I've had a look on google but I'm getting conflicting stories.

Cheers
Gaz

Oh and this av receiver seems a steal at £119 :thumbsup:

Anybody?
I get a bit paranoid with stuff like this. It seems to all be working fine but I just want to make sure I'm not damaging anything.
The receiver feels quite warm on the top but again,Its probably me being paranoid as they get warm anyway.

Just don't turn them up too far, as it is a bit low. The chances are the amp would go into protection before expiring, but just be careful! The amp will handle 4 ohms, so you are only just below that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom