• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AV Receiver / Speaker Config Selector

Dan140880

Novice Member
Hello,

I'm busy decorating a kitchen diner and have routed a whole bunch of speaker cable to give myself a solid 5.1 setup and another x4 speakers elsewhere in the room to support playing music.

There is a chance in my setup I might go for a second TV in a area for the breakfast bar. I've made provision for x2 speakers in this area for a 'zone 2'. The only issue is essentially one of these speakers was also ear marked for being one of my rear speakers on the 5.1 setup. So ideally I'd want to share it and I'm wondering is it possible via a av receiver or some of the manufacturers apps to switch a speaker between these two.

The other speakers hopefully I can just utilise as 9.1 for music.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I'm wondering is it possible via a av receiver' - no, you would have to add in a switching device.

If the speakers are 'In-ceiling' one option would be to use a single chassis 'stereo' speaker and connect the separate channels to the single chassis.

AVR Zone 2 - have you confirmed the AVR delivers the flexibility you require, many of them have limitations on what Zone 2 Speaker and or HDMI offers plus you have to be aware of the audio format of the Source signal.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom