Question AV Receiver Not Turning On!

oitzjake

Novice Member
Hi there, my Pioneer VSX-922K receiver will only power on after being unplugged for a while. The longer it is unplugged, the longer it will stay on before powering down. Sometimes I can turn it back on but it will only last a couple of seconds. I am unsure of what the cause could be so any guide would be useful.

On a sidenote my friend gave me an STR-DH810 which also does not power on, this one simply clicks.

If I could get either working that'd be great, or if they're both knackered that'd also be nice to know!

dobrykamil

Distinguished Member
Hi there

I would recommend to unplug all hdmi devices.I’ve had a similar issue with an android 4k player, Zidoo X9S, which was giving me a headache with my Onkyo av receiver.Swapped it with Sony str-dn1040-no power on at all, just few clicks and that’s it.Once I disconnected hdmi cable from zidoo..voila!
See your Pioneer, any lights flashing after power off?

oitzjake

Novice Member
Thanks for your reply, I have everything disconnected from both and the result stays the same. Once the Pioneer powers off it will sometimes try power on again straight away and cut out again. No lights or anything on display when it powers off. It usually clicks a couple of times.

oitzjake

Novice Member
Yep, same result. All fuses are fine too, inside and out. No visible issues internally (like capacitors).

ashley f

Novice Member
Anything getting hot? As sounds like heat as the longer it’s off the cooler it gets sonwill stay on for longer before it heats up again.

I’ve actually got a vsx-924 for sale!

oitzjake

Novice Member
If it's plugged in and turned off it will still not turn on after x amount of time. It doesn't matter what state the amp is in if it's left plugged in it won't turn on. The amp itself isnt hot to the touch.

dobrykamil

Distinguished Member
If it's plugged in and turned off it will still not turn on after x amount of time. It doesn't matter what state the amp is in if it's left plugged in it won't turn on. The amp itself isnt hot to the touch.
I've had in my repair shop couple of 2010-2012 Onkyo models, with similar issue.They were very temperamental in switchig on. This was caused by dodgy main relay, which turns on main transformer. You could do factory reset once you manage to turn on.

Attachments

• vsx922 reset.png
    vsx922 reset.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 19

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom