av receiver for 500 max, also giod for music

kifi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

im in the market for my first av receiver. There seems to be a huge number of options and different specs. I will go for 5.1 max, and my budget is £500.

so what di you recommend that has above with a range of features that will satisfy most people?

thanks so Much

I recommend Yamaha but since you're a total starter I'd buy a home cinema magazine and spend afternoon reading about what's in modern av amplifiers. For £500 you could probably get a 7 series I guess. Bad time unless you pick up last years model.

If you could stretch a little more I have seen an Arcam 360 selling for around £650 which would blow anything close to that price out of the water in terms of musical ability. If not then as above get a high as possible Yamaha or Marantz receiver. What speakers do you have or plan to get?

dude...like said yesterday...start by reading reviews....and come back in a month..when you know what an av receiver can do and can't....after that start reading for speakers...real speakers and come back another 30 days after that ;)

point is: we can't give advice really as you do not even know what you can like or not...

anyway some of the best models sub 500 are: onkyo 515, yamaha 473, sony 840, pioneer 923, denon x1000 etc...all of these are very good

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom