AV Processor !

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Oliv83, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Oliv83

Oliv83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All !
    I have a YAMAHA A590 (Dolby prologic) and want now to have Dolby Digital and DTS.
    I heard good things about YAM E800 but is there other possibilities to increase my system to 5.1 (YAM or not ... what could be the cheapest)

Thanks
    Oliv from France ;o)

2. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be tempted to just buy a new amp. and sell your old one.
    The yam620 for example with dts is only £269 whereas you would be paying not much less for the E800.
    worth considering.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Oliv, do you have already a stereo amp in use? If not, the E800 isn't suitable and you need a fully-fledged AV amp/receiver like the one suggested. But there are many other models available, so please compare first.

4. Oliv83

Oliv83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :blush: I already have an AV from Yamaha but only Prologic and I now want to evoluate toward 5.1 (DD & DTS)

What's the best way without changing everything ? I try to conserve my old (but really efficient AV) and add an external decoder
    Do you know solution like DSP E800 (from Yamaha) but cheaper

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think you are better of replacing the whole thing. Alternatively to the E800 you can use any AV amp/receiver with pre-outs (line level connection) for the front channel.

6. DRC

DRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does your current prologic amp have a six channel input , if so you have the option of using a DVD player with 6 channel out.

This is what I have on my current set up, only dd due to may player is 3/4 years old. (DTS was not around much then)

I will stick with this set up in the house but I am currently mid way setting up a new home cinema. (pana 100ae,3802 (if they ever get them in gold), MA silver speakers and ofcouse a new player (TBD)).:cool: