AV Processor Advice

gwc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently think about upgrading to an AV processor this would be paired with a Chord power amp. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what processor would be best suited?

Cheers

gwc

I am look for something second hand in the region of £1200 to £1500. I have seen a Lexicon MC1 for £1,500 but have no experience of the make.

Cheers

Gwc

Could you stretch upwards a bit to reach something like the meridian 568.2 at 2kish?

Its unfair of me to say this, but mixing an MC1 with your chord sounds a bit like the ministers daughter seeing the local druggy! Well Kind of! What I guess I mean is that perhaps the chord deserves something a bit mroe hifi orientated?

ad

Would the MC1 be OK for films as I have seperate kit for listen to Music.

Cheers

gwc

Originally posted by gwc
Would the MC1 be OK for films as I have seperate kit for listen to Music.

Cheers

gwc

given that it probably would be just fine, but there are of course tags at the same price that many will prefer

ad

Is there a big difference between the lexicon DC1 and MC1?

Cheers

gwc

I havent actually heard them to compare, but i know of a number of people who have upgraded drom DC to MC and none of them have made dissatisfied noises

ad

Thanks for the advice I have just purchsed a second hand MC1.

Cheers

gwcc

Nice one, good luck with it and let us know how you ghet on!

ad

Originally posted by gwc
I have just purchsed a second hand MC1.

:smashin: Welcome to the MC-1 club :).

Cheers I hope it worth it

gwc

Just out of interest any film recommendations to start of my lexicon listening experience.

Cheers

Gwc

To be honest, everything sounds great to me, particularly in DD 5.1 Logic7 and DTS 5.1 Logic7 but you need a 7.1 setup to get the full flavour.

Gladiator (as always), Daredevil is worth a listen and Hulk is just awesome in the bass department :devil:.

Although the MC-1 supports THX Surround EX, I prefer Logic7 even with EX encoded material.

Enjoy :).

Thanks for the recommendations I have both the Hulk and Gladiator.

What is logic7? I thought it was lexicon's equivalent of Pro logic 2.

Cheers

gwc

Originally posted by gwc
What is logic7? I thought it was lexicon's equivalent of Pro logic 2.

It's much more than that ;). It gives 7.1 from a 2 channel source whereas PL2 is 5.1.

Logic7 also works with DD 5.1 & DTS 5.1 and gives a very good 7.1 surround :D.

The new PL2x is Dolby's answer to Logic7.

I have only got a 5.1 setup at the moment (Power amp only has 5 channels).

Does logic 7 mix the two side channels to the rears in a 5.1 setup for a 2 channel source?

Does logic 7 add anything to a 5.1 mix apart from the extra 2 channels?

Cheers

gwc

Originally posted by gwc

Does logic 7 mix the two side channels to the rears in a 5.1 setup for a 2 channel source?

Cheers

gwc

Yes, there's a 5 channel enhance mode for use with a 5.1 setup which I believe works just fine. I'm not the best person to answer this though as I've only got experience with a 7.1 setup.

Sorry Post reposted by mistake.

Cheers

gwc

Logic-7 will emulate REAR speakers with a 5.1 setup, regardless if the source is 2.0 or 5.1. Just set up your speakers according to the ITU specs (see image) and tell the Lexicon that you don't have rear speakers.

Logic-7 does active steering, so you don't have any gaps in the sound field using 7 speakers. It is superior to any other system I have heard so far, including that from Meridian. But I am partial... ;)

Pardon my ignorance but what are the ITU specs.

Are the rear speakers in a 5.1 system the side speakers in a 7.1 system?

Cheers

gwc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom