1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

av problem on jvc 28r25

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jimboy, Jan 22, 2003.

1. jimboy

jimboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought thejvc28r25eks and found it a bit of a bugger to set up. i have sky digital through the number 1 scart input(rgb) and my vcr through scart input2 my problem is that when i press play on my vcr it dosent seem to overide the normal channel eg itv-bbc1. also when i press the 0 button on the remote it goes fuzzy with av in the corner and i have to press it again which says e1 and the sky kicks in. then i have to press it again e2 and the vcr comes through. not that much of a problem really but my previous phillips just played when i pressed play regardless of which channel it was on. also i have my dvd linked through my vcrs scart 2 as i copy quite a few vcds will this have less picture quality as apossed to having it linked direct to the tv. a bit of a long windded question but hope some one can help.

2. jimboy

jimboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    surely someone has a suggestion for me.
    also when i turn the tv on it starts up on the sky digital channel.

3. rupbert

rupbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I think only AV 1 is a smart scart, which in effect switches automatically when a feed is recognized....

4. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a JVC 28R25.

I have a DVD connected to Scart 1 (the only RGB scart)and a VCR on scart 2.

When I switch the DVD player on the TV auto switches to AV1 and when I press play on the VCR it auto switches to AV2 channel. When I switch off the DVD or press stop on the VCR the TV auto switches back to the original channel I was watching.

I don't have sky but maybe the sky box simply being on causes the TV to start on that channel when switched on. If I have my DVD switched on when starting the TV up then it auto starts on AV1 channel.

Your DVD picture quality will be poorer played through the video into scart 2 as it wont be RGB (This is assuming your DVD player can output RGB)

It may be worth disconnecting your sky box and plugging your DVD and VCR directly into Scarts 1 and 2 and seeing if everything works normally. This may indicate if its the Sky box or the TV which is the culprit.

Hope this helps and good luck.

5. rupbert

rupbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, and the two scarts on the standard Pace Sky Digital box are also smart (active), so for example I have my Xbox going into the second RGB pass through, and when I hit the power for the Xbox, it automatically comes on...

Do you have something else in the second scart on the Digi box? If not just go ahead and feed the vhs through it, and it 'should' switch...

6. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    Are you sure the SCART lead that you are using is fully wired? Pin 8 must be connected for auto switching to work. The effect you get when pressing "0" is normal. If you tune channel 0 on the TV to the RF output of the VCR you will see that instead of the noise.