AV Podcast : Hardware & Movies : 7th Dec 2006

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
AV Podcast : Hardware & Movies : 7th Dec 2006

00:57 AV News
In the news this week, we have announcements from Projection Design, Arcam and Denon.
06:55 DVD News
11:37 See No Evil DVD Review from Simon
14:52 Pirates of the Caribbean DVD Review from Chris
20:59 Chris' Top 10 DVDs of 2006
25:19 Jason's Gadget of the week. Jason raves about his new Nokia N73 and X-service which allows you to play movies and music from your PC (via Slingbox) and gives 5,000 minutes of Skype calls per month. Skype to Skype from your mobile! Yeah!
29:58 Round Table. Our AV Play review team chat about trailers. Do they give away the plot or are they an artform in their own right?

49.6Mb, 51 minutes and 30 seconds. Direct Link

Last edited by a moderator:

trailer

Novice Member
Anyone else having trouble with this?

I have tried downloading this through iTunes and it comes up with 13.5Mb then fails.

The manual d/l for both mp3 and 4 is the same size?

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Anyone else having trouble with this?

I have tried downloading this through iTunes and it comes up with 13.5Mb then fails.

The manual d/l for both mp3 and 4 is the same size?

I have tried thsi out and it's working at my end, can you let me know what machine you are using to download etc so we can identify the problem.

ruhe

Standard Member
I have tried thsi out and it's working at my end, can you let me know what machine you are using to download etc so we can identify the problem.
Hi,
The mp3 is only 200k large when d/l with "Save target as...."

(I almost said "as usual" ) ;)

trailer

Novice Member
I was away from home at another location. I have got back home and the download is now working to the full size.

The other location I was at was using a proxy which had a fairly strict level setting on the firewall. I suspect this might be the problem.

:thumbsup:

ruhe

Standard Member
Hi,
Now it works for me too. IE 7.0.5730.11 WINXP Prof SP2

I was able to make an MP3 out of I-tunes in the meantime.
Hi,
I had the same problem with the last episode. I got it to work by emptying temporary internet files in Internet Explorer.