Solutions
Reaction score
AV Podcast : Hardware & Movies: 13th Dec 2006

00:40 AV News
09:52 DVD News
14:31 Barnyard DVD Review
19:16 Over The Hedge DVD Review
23:52 Seth's Top 10 DVDs of 2006
31:42 Jason's Bit. This time Jason raves about his Wii some more.
34:56 M. Night Shyamalan movie round table discussion with Chris, Cas, Seth and Simon.
58:36 Contact info

56.4Mb, 59 minutes and 49 seconds. Direct Link

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pleased that you have split Games from Hardware and Movies.
Now can you please split Hardware and Movies, so that I can just listen to Hardware?
J

When was the movies and hardware podcasts added? been looking for it all week and then today it suddenly says two podcasts this week and both are dated the 13th ? Was it only added today the 18th or just not visible ?. :confused:

When was the movies and hardware podcasts added? been looking for it all week and then today it suddenly says two podcasts this week and both are dated the 13th ? Was it only added today the 18th or just not visible ?. :confused:

It's been here since the 13th so I don't know why it hasn't shown up for you, it's had 1,600 downloads so far so must be visible?

I am pleased that you have split Games from Hardware and Movies.
Now can you please split Hardware and Movies, so that I can just listen to Hardware?
J

Podcasts will be split according to content. So if there is not a great deal of hardware content then it will get added in with the software.

Having real trouble downloading the Hardware podcast. It doesn't download more than 125kb for me and obviously doesn't work. This is in itunes or from saving the file from the website. What's going on??

Having real trouble downloading the Hardware podcast. It doesn't download more than 125kb for me and obviously doesn't work. This is in itunes or from saving the file from the website. What's going on??

Which file are you trying to save?

Which file are you trying to save?

It's the m4b hardware file since this is the one that automatically downloads from itunes.

I seem to have fixed the problem by deleting my internet history so there must have been a bad file causing the download problems. Sorry for bothering you :)

No problem at all, I hope you enjoy! :thumbsup:

There is one more thing i'd hope you could help me and others with. I listen to your podcasts in my car on my drive to work. Sicne i'm on a motorway there's quite a bit of road noise. The problem is that for some voices it's loud and clear but for others it's barely audible.

The main culprits tend to be Seth (very quite talking) and sometimes phone conversations you have with people. You are very clear and loud though :smashin:

Would it be possible to normalise the audio streams so that the quiet people are about the same volume as the louder people? Either that or ask Seth to sit closer to the mic ;)

Either that or ask Seth to sit closer to the mic ;)
Phil has a much bigger mouth than myself, hence the difference. :D

Seriously, I'm not a particularly loud person - I'm quite softly spoken I suppose in my own way (as I've mentioned before). The headsets we use are Sennheiser PC150's (I think), so the mic is very close. But as said, I'm quite softly spoken compared to the others.

We do try very hard to get the audio balance right, but the more people involved, the harder it gets.

Phil has a much bigger mouth than myself, hence the difference. :D

Seriously, I'm not a particularly loud person - I'm quite softly spoken I suppose in my own way (as I've mentioned before). The headsets we use are Sennheiser PC150's (I think), so the mic is very close. But as said, I'm quite softly spoken compared to the others.

We do try very hard to get the audio balance right, but the more people involved, the harder it gets.

I wondered if you'd notice this and reply! :D

I understand it's a bit of a problem and i'm not the loudest person around either. I'm sure it's a bit of a problem for anyone trying to listen on the train too due to background noise. It's not normally a problem listening to podcasts but the range in volume between your voice and others can be so large that turning up the stereo to hear you gives me a shock when anyone else starts to talk as it's far too loud.

If you can't do anything about it then fair enough, i'll still continue listening. Oh, and stop mentioning tit-illation, this is a family show after all :rotfl: (only kidding).

Is that the innuendo in the podcast or in the last sentence of my reply ? :)

Obviously innuendo is your middle name! ;) And I'm sure it's podcasts plural! :D

The volume issue is a problem I am working on at the minute, it can be fixed but requires manual mixing during the mastering process, sometimes we just run out of time to get it right.

We will work on this and try and fix it, the only thing I can suggest for previous podcasts to help with volume is to put the mp3 file through something like roxio or mix meister software and click on compression, this will fix the volume but adds a certain amount of hiss and distortion, depends if you are happy with the pay off doing it that way.

Hopefully we can fix it at this end.

There is one more thing i'd hope you could help me and others with. I listen to your podcasts in my car on my drive to work. Sicne i'm on a motorway there's quite a bit of road noise. The problem is that for some voices it's loud and clear but for others it's barely audible.

The main culprits tend to be Seth (very quite talking) and sometimes phone conversations you have with people. You are very clear and loud though :smashin:

Would it be possible to normalise the audio streams so that the quiet people are about the same volume as the louder people? Either that or ask Seth to sit closer to the mic ;)

I have the same problem, as soon as I hit the motorway I have to lift my SVP C500 phone near to my ear to hear what is being said, especially from Seth.

Also, the 1 hour MP3s are frankly too long.

On my phone, I need to listen to this in one go as there is no FF or RW, can you not try and limit them to 30mins each?

Keep up the good work, always like to listen to these podcasts, and the Dolby Digital one.

I have the same problem, as soon as I hit the motorway I have to lift my SVP C500 phone near to my ear to hear what is being said, especially from Seth.

Also, the 1 hour MP3s are frankly too long.

On my phone, I need to listen to this in one go as there is no FF or RW, can you not try and limit them to 30mins each?

Keep up the good work, always like to listen to these podcasts, and the Dolby Digital one.

I quite agree with all the above comments and the comment of a previous poster asking for the hardware section to be seperated from the DVD/Movies section. I too am only interested in the hardware section. It was split at the end of November but seems to have re-attached itself on the latest programme.

Regards
Dave

I quite agree with all the above comments and the comment of a previous poster asking for the hardware section to be seperated from the DVD/Movies section. I too am only interested in the hardware section. It was split at the end of November but seems to have re-attached itself on the latest programme.

Regards
Dave

It all depends on the amount of content we have that dictates how the podcast is put together, some weeks we have hours of material to go out and it gets split into separate Games/Movies/Hardware but some weeks we don't have the time to put all the material together so thats when the movies and hardware are joined together.
It also takes 3 times more mixing work when we put three casts out, so that also dictates things a little.
We will see what the new year brings and hopefully we will have the time and resources to do the 3 programes a week!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom