AV Player HD what iPad video should have been!

So if i upgrade to IOS 6 which i thought was released tomorrow i will lose AVplayerhd?
:confused:

I upgraded to iOS6 today and AVPlayerHD is still on my iPad.

This still isn't back up.
Bad times :(

Yep, using it a lot, it seems to work just fine :D

I bought this app ages ago, and if I do a clean install of 6.1 on my ipad2 will I still be able to download this again?

Professor Chaos said:
I bought this app ages ago, and if I do a clean install of 6.1 on my ipad2 will I still be able to download this again?
Yes. Provided you use the same iTunes account.

Kyuss72 said:
Yes. Provided you use the same iTunes account.

Will it be in the Purchased apps section even though its not on the App Store any more?

I have had the this app for a while and like it, but was surprised it will not see LAN networks. I have a Seagate Wireless Pluss and had to buy 8Player in order to get that direct wifi connection. You have to go into a computer network for AV Player to work. Seems an obvious function to support :(

With 8Player, I press "scan" and it connects to the Seagate drives built-in wifi and streams all codecs I have tried, but only tested 720p. I can not tell the difference with 720p and 1080p video on displays smaller than 32" but DO notice the extra resources 1080p needs (space and hardware power).

Last edited:
Nice to see there was an update for this today to include streaming, background downloading and an option to resume downloading.

Just updating mine now.

I installed this on my GF's iPad mini, knowing that I've used it for the last couple of years with no problems.

I loaded 12 110MB sized MKV's, put them all into a folder, happy days.

Since then, her Mini has crashed mid episode twice.

Now is this down to the app or the Mini? I've had 350mb avi's play on my iPad 2 with no problems whatsoever, so a bit unsure as to what the problem might be....

Any suggestions?

I watch TV Shows that are 43 mins long and are 1080p with file sizes around 1.8GB on my Mini, so its not the file sizes that are too blame.

AvplayerHD has went the same route as Buzz and removed DTS support in the latest update.

moraybank said:
AvplayerHD has went the same route as Buzz and removed DTS support in the latest update.

Due to patent issues I think

I installed this on my GF's iPad mini, knowing that I've used it for the last couple of years with no problems.

I loaded 12 110MB sized MKV's, put them all into a folder, happy days.

Since then, her Mini has crashed mid episode twice.

Now is this down to the app or the Mini? I've had 350mb avi's play on my iPad 2 with no problems whatsoever, so a bit unsure as to what the problem might be....

Any suggestions?

How are you transferring the files?

Before I set up the FTP on my NAS I was transferring via HTTP. I found that using Internet Explorer caused only some of the file to be copied to the iPad, the version of the file on the iPad was reporting the correct size but the film I was trying to watch would stop 15 minutes in (looked like a crash, I would have to exit the player). I then tried Chrome at the whole file was transferred with no issues.
Maybe try another browser.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom