1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV Package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Ekko Star, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Interested in the Mission 77 pack that Richers are doing at the moment. Are they any good ? and are they fully shielded speakers. The fronts will be sitting right next to a RPT.

Have also been considering KEF 60S pair along with Q35's as fronts . Are these any better ?

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Extremely good (that doesn't sound right), and that was at full price of £800. At £400, it can't be beaten. Fully shielded.

I hope you can find a set, because Richer Sounds are fast selling out, and it's hard to find any stores with stock.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 773e's are not shielded, that is for sure, as when i first bought them from practical hifi,they told me they were, but a friend told me they were not.So i phoned mission, and they told me that none of there floorstanders were shielded (at that time) . But told me that 2 feet from the TV would be fine.

4. Linfield

Linfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My local pub has just installed a set of Jamo's and they sound really good. The Bass is excellent in particular. I always thought Jamo's were crap. I'm converted now. I think the set cost around £350. Dunno if they are shielded though.

5. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The only shielded speaker in the 77 series is the 77c1 center speaker.

My 774's are 10 inches from the side of my tv and they don't cause any probs with the screen.