AV or Stereo amp - help needed please.

Lasersailor

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently using a AV-RECEIVER PIONEER VSX-C301 in two rooms and have been happy with it but would like to upgrade one of them. I stream to it using a Chromecast audio and it works okay. I've got 2 speakers L&R, a center speaker, and a sub. Occasionally, I have the tv sound via the VSX via an optical cable but really use that room for music, mainly streaming Spotify or DAB radio stations on my phone and cast through the Chromecast Audio.

I think this amp hit the sweet spot of its time and i'm looking for either a replacement AV or stereo amp that is not quite so old, that i could stream to, but also is a really good amp/av but is cheaper now as its older. Hopefully you know what I mean, i'm looking for an older amp that takes a sub and two speakers which in its day was high end but is now cheap due to its age.
My budget is £200-£300.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers, Nick.

An old none HDMI Arcam AV amp could be a possibility. I've still got my AVR200 that I use for a stereo system in my bedroom. I've tried several budget stereo amps and kept the Arcam, it's also handy that it has digital inputs, an optical from the Chromecast Audio makes quite a difference and it has a sub output which a lot of stereo amps don't.

An old none HDMI Arcam AV amp could be a possibility. I've still got my AVR200 that I use for a stereo system in my bedroom. I've tried several budget stereo amps and kept the Arcam, it's also handy that it has digital inputs, an optical from the Chromecast Audio makes quite a difference and it has a sub output which a lot of stereo amps don't.
Thanks, I'll take a look at that one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom