1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV Options and Cheaper Old Gear? - Denon AVR 3802?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Jonathan West, Feb 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Jonathan West

Jonathan West

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I am considering buying a new AV receiver, such as the Marantz SR4300 or SR5300 or Yamaha RXV630RDS or maybe Denon AVR1803 (and yes, I have read the What Hi Fi review March 2003 - too brief IMHO!).

Then I notice that the Denon AVR3802 is going for a song (less than £500), presumably because Denoin will be bringing out the 3803 for 800-900(?).

Anyone have the 3802? Opinions? Anyone operate it with KEF speakers (I have Q35, Q95C and 60S)? Compared with the others I've mentioned will it impress?

2. bbanduser

bbanduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Where did you find the Denon for less than £500?

3. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I run a Denon 3802 with the following:

L&R Kef q1
    Ctr Kef q9
    Rear Kef q8
    Sub Rel Strata III

I am very happy with the sound although now thinking up upgrade to Rotel (When funds allow).

The kefs replaced MA Babies and what a difference. I did a comparison with a rotel amp for steri and although the Rotel was better ie Weightier Bass the Denon was very musical.

An excellent AV amp that is quite good for music assuming you are not a audiophile :)

If you want interesting AV effects and are not bothered about music have a look at the Yam.

My advice go and have some Dems iff poss.

4. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I can recommend the 3802. IMO it's brilliant. Although Unbeatable.co.uk are listing the 3803 for £670, which is a bargin, if it's at least as good as the 3802.

5. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unbeatable are selling grey imports....