1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV newbie questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jeggsy, Oct 7, 2004.

1. jeggsy

jeggsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi boys and gals.... Newbie here that would like some help and advice on his first AV system setup !!!

I have finally decided to bite the bullet and spend some cash soon on an AV setup. I have read a few mags/reviews etc and must admit to getting bogged-down a bit. I think I have a spec.

I was going for the Denon AVR-2805 amp with a Denon DVD-2910 DVD and the Infinity Oreus 5.1 speakers. My TV is a 6 year old Sony 25" KV25 that will hopefully be replaced in a year or two by a 32"/37" plasma/LCD.

Now the questions...

1). Does this combo of amp/dvd/speakers sound OK ??? Any issues likely ???

2). I did think about the Yamaha DSP-AX750SE amp and DVD-S1500 DVD as a possible alternative to the Denon stuff as it was a bit cheaper altough I would loose some features. How would this go with the Infinity's ???

3). What would be the best way of connecting it all up ??? My TV does not have component connections, only 2 scarts (1rgb).

4). I also have a Sony video and Pioneer TF100 freeview box connected by scart. How would this connect in ??? The Pioneer has an optical output that I could use I presume into the amp.

I know it may be silly questions but I need help :blush: :blush: :blush:

Cheers all
    Jeggsy

2. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i can't answer any of ur question but i can only tell u that the Yamaha AX750Se is a very good reciver,i had the RXV650 myself & am pleased with it.

3. jeggsy

jeggsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been reading more stuff and I think I understand how to connect it all up..

TV to DVD player by Scart lead (Component leads later with better TV)

DVD to Amp by 5.1 Analog cables and also Digital cable as well.

Freeview to TV by Scart and also Digital cable from Freeview to Amp for sound.

Does this make sense ??? Is this correct ???

4. Andy_t

Andy_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's how I'd do it. Although you don't need the 5.1 cables from DVD to amp unless you're going to listen to SACD or DVD-Audio DVDs