1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV/IR wireless sender recommendation.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Darren Blake, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

I am thinking of having a flat screen TV in my bedroom (just a small 15" LCD or something). Ideally I would like to "mirror" my lounge home cinema to this screen wirelessly by taking a video and stereo feed out of my Denon AVR into a transmitter, and relaying the signal upstairs. I would also like the unit to bounce my OFA Mosaic remote signals back down to the HC setup so I could control everything just as if I was sat downstairs.

I am aware that there are several products out there that could do this. My main issues are:

1) Compatability with my OFA remote.
    2) Range on the IR transmitter / reviever. This would need to be about 12" at either end: i.e. NOT an "IR eye" that hangs in front of the Sky box / DVD etc.

Recommendations, anyone?

TIA.

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I'm using the Philips VL1200 (composite only) which works very well on my 14" bedroom portable... I have tried to feed the receiver output into my Xantech distribution amp with no joy... Not enough current I think...

3. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Cheers for the reply.

Can you tell me if any of these units have a "broadcasting" type of IR eye on the transmitting end (i.e. the end nearest the home cinema equipment), or are the all of the type where the IR eye is a small, short range thing which has to be aimed straight at your equipment from, say, 12" away?

Reason I ask is that I can place my OFA remote next to my HC equipment facing away from it and still operate all the components without a hitch by bouncing the beam off the opposite wall - a round trip of about 20 feet for the IR light! If the IR eye on the transmitter was similarly capable, it would make arranging it on my HC cabinet a peice of cake.

4. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    None to my knowledge... I'll post here if I get any further...