1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV input on Toshiba 32WL48

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jon.potter, Apr 19, 2005.

1. jon.potter

jon.potter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm seriously thinking about buying the Toshiba 32WL48, but want to find out something before I do.

My current (Panasonic) TV is really annoying, because when I switch it on, it displays channel 1 (built in analogue tuner). It does not automatically switch to my freeview box on AV1 - even though it was on AV1 when I put it in standby. This means that every time I turn the TV on, I then have to tell it to display AV1.

My concern is that the Toshiba has a built-in analogue tuner that I do not need. My question is; will/does the Toshiba behave the same way as the Panasonic, or can it be set to automatically select AV1 upon power-on?

Thanks for any help,
    Jon

2. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I have a 46 version Tosh, and it turns on to whatever I left it on. That's usually component 1, but if I've had the DVD going, it'll turn on to component 2.

I know that's no guarantee that the 48 will do the same, but it seems likely, since these are pretty much the same, but with an added DVI input.

3. nemo

nemo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a 32WL48 and is does stay on the last input used when you switch it off/on.

4. jon.potter

jon.potter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's great - thanks for the replies.