1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

av furniture help needed

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Chewbacca, May 25, 2005.

1. Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello

At the moment I have a widescreen sony television which is sat on a glass av stand and underneath this is My av amp/dvd player/sky+ box and My centre speaker.

What I am looking for is a piece of furniture made out of wood with doors on so You cannot see My av equipment.

The tv will not be sat on this furniture as I am getting a plasma sometime this year and that will be wall mounted.

Can anybody put Me in the right direction as I am hitting My head against a brick wall at the moment

2. NaimBoy

NaimBoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at these Arca Furniture - I've got the Nuevo 300 and it looks great.

Cheers,
    Mark

3. Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the help Mark.

This is exactly what I am looking for They do look great Mark I would imagine the build quality to be top class is it?

Also does the furniture come flat packed.

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I've got 3 of the previous version of the Series 100.

Assuming the new ones are pretty much the same as the ones I've got, build quality is excellent. They don't come flat packed as they are built 'properly' and have no visible fixings between the sides and top and bottom. The fabric covered doors are great as well as you can still use all your remotes without using extenders as you'd have to with solid doors.

Quote from the website: "The top of the cabinet is extended at the rear edge so that it can be placed ‘flush to the wall’ even where the room contains large skirting boards." Again, if they are like the previous ones, this might not be possible depending on your kit - with good quality cables and banana plugs for the speaker connections on the amps, mine are about 2.5 inches away from the wall.

I'd definately recommend them - all the gear and wiring is hidden so total WAF (in fact my wife originally chose them instead of an open, glass shelved unit) :thumbsup:

John

5. NaimBoy

NaimBoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The build quality is very good, the cabinet itself is made from 1" veneered MDF and the doors are 3/4" - it weighs a ton.....

They now come flat packed and the packaging is awful - I had two goes at getting a good one - if the courier drops on of the packages it will damage the corners.

Delivery hassles aside it is a good cabinet - I hate visible cables and it works a treat !

6. c_fletcher

c_fletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the stand here http://www.csfletcher.freeserve.co.uk/dsc00015.jpg (1Mb image, sorry) custom made from oak, 3 adjustable shelves with wire slots for hifi and av kit in both cupboards, drawers hold ~50 DVDs each, Built and delivered for £499,

7. Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    C fletcher that is a lovely cabinet who made You that it looks the buisness :thumbsup:

8. c_fletcher

c_fletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Made by "Yorkshire Pine" of Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire. I will send you a few pics of the interior if you like, and the dimensions, just let me know

9. Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thank You that would be great could you send Me the address as well the cabinet is just what I am after height,depth etc I am wondering if they could make one like Yours but only 1 meter in length.

10. c_fletcher

c_fletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will send measurements tomorrow, and phone number/address. They made mine to my own specification and will make any size you want and in different woods, they are also really friendly and helpful send me your email address and I will send direct to you

11. Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have sent You My e mail via pm thanks for Your help i will let You know how I get on

12. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Sorry to "barge in" on your post Chewbacca but I like the look of that cabinet
    c_fletcher :smashin:
    Could you e-mail me with the details please or it might be better to post them either on this thread or maybe start a new one? I think a lot of people will be interested in this, it looks very good quality and seems to be reasonably priced.
    Cheers,
    Oddbodd.

13. Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    No worries oddbod I will send You the address :thumbsup:

14. c_fletcher

c_fletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Oddbodd

Glad you like the cabinet. Did Chewbacca send you the details? if not, here they are....

Yorkshire Pine Ltd
    Unit 7a/Mill House Ind Est/Mill House Lane, Triangle, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 3LN
    Tel: 01422 834487

15. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Yes, thank you he did. Did you draw up detailed plans for them or did you just give them some equipment sizes and ideas? If you have your plan/measurements I would like to see them please. I have a friend who's one of the gaffers at a shop fitting firm and he owe's me a favour ;), it might be time to call it in :D .
    Saying that, I doubt it will be as nice as yours, any chance of some more pictures from inside etc.?
    Cheers,
    Oddbodd.

16. c_fletcher

c_fletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you let me have your email address I will send you some more pics. They are ~1Mb in size so if you do not have broadband let me know and I`ll downsize them

Re the plan. I did not do anything detailed just very basic with internal and external dimensions and described the door style and the top. The doors in fact recess inside the cabinet when open and the hinges added about £50 to the cost, still all in for £499 though

17. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    PM with my e-mail en-route ;)

18. carpetcrawler

carpetcrawler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello to everyone on my first post!

c fletcher, sorry to be a pain, but would you mind sending me some pics as well. My wife saw it and said 'want that one'!

Thanks in advance.

19. c_fletcher

c_fletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  20. carpetcrawler

carpetcrawler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  21. carpetcrawler

carpetcrawler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    c fletcher, thanks for that, got mine delivered yesterday all the way down in Tunbridge Wells. Good peice of kit, even my wife's impressed!

22. c_fletcher

c_fletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! Its always nice when the wives like something you`ve purchased, majes for a nice quiet life doesnt it?

Would love to see som pics of your cab.

How did you find the gusy at Yorkshire Pine? I thoughth they were top blokes and will be ordering some new stuff from them soon. Need a new cab for the old TV and some CD cabinets and a table for the conservatory

Anway really glad you are happy with the new stand

23. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How true is that :D :thumbsup: