• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddy

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps after reading the "rockstar table tennis - discussion thread"
It looks like there are quite a few people on here who are willing to have a Tournament.
So i thought of creating this thread to come up with ideas on getting it sorted.
We need to get ideas of :
Dates and times ?
How many games & sets ?
Way of figuring out who plays who ?
Do we need spectators to just make it all official or can we expect a bit of fair play between competitors. ?
Also who wants to play ?
And any other ideas that will help.
Cheers peeps.

1st 16 people to register interest in tournament:

Forum name - GamerTag
Chaddy - chaddy07
Pooon - PooonTang
Biccy - Biccy
Muffminer - Mikuma
Dazzyman - Dazzyman
Hi/Zuum - Zazuum
FishCake - Fishy Monkey
Anotherlimey - Anotherlimey
C225 - C225
Widget - W1dget
Munkey Boy - Munkey Boy
jon smith - jon smith 360
royster - RagBuster
Kevlar - Kevlar X
R5Rich - R5Rich
dimples - snowcloud

UPDATE
A poll has been included, anybody who wants to be in other tournaments is welcome to vote to help find the best day for everyone.

UPDATE
Right will draw names from a hat at random doing one name group A then one name group B and so on.
We have 4 groups A,B,C,D
4 players in each group.

See here

The dates and times problem will be the tougest one to sort out, depending how we decide to setup the tournament. If we decide to use the Tournament mode built into TT then we can have groups/leagues of 4 or 8 players and play a round robin system. If we choose this way then it requires all 4/8 people to agree a time and be online at the same time(easier with 4) not always a easy thing to organise, but the bonus of this system is that game should actually get played.

The other way to do it is just to create our own tournament here and organise games between ourslelves as and when we can, post the results here etc. The problem with doing it like this is that from experience people will be very keen to play to being with and a few matches will get played, but those people who lose games will quite often lose interest so getting games against those people can be hard so the tournament never get finished.

An example of this would be the previous Pro Evo tournys organinsed here, the Cup and 'one night leagues' were the most successful tournys as all/most of the games were played quickly, whereas when we organised the standard league it never finished as games never got played

The best way to pick who plays who is just to put the first 4/8 people who confirm that they want to play to place them in the first group and so on, all that needs doing is arranging a time to play

Stickied

So should we sort out who wants to play 1st then sort time ?

I'm up for entering, & I agree Pooon it's best to try & do it all in one go. Maybe to start off, like a trial go, a straight knockout with 8 or 16 people cos each match can be arranged between the 2 players & you'd get the whole thing done in one night.

Whoever draws me though will be pretty much guaranteed to get in the next round!

3 up to yet.
So we having 16 players ?

I'm up for it

Like mentioned would be best to do timed tournaments.

'You said you wanted to meet me in private'

'You got it! The blimp hanger. Now!'

'Move it!'
'You move it.'

'We ain't going there to talk,boy.'

'...we're going there to play Rockstar's Table Tennis, fool.'

Oh yeah, you can count me in! :rotfl: :D

Hi/zuum said:
'You said you wanted to meet me in private'

'You got it! The blimp hanger. Now!'

'Move it!'
'You move it.'

'We ain't going there to talk,boy.'

Move!

Fall out.

Fall out! This is between me & him.....& a little white ball.

Alright Mayo, lets see what you got.

I only got the a game this morning, so still trying to get to grips with it, but count me in :)

Biccy said:
Move!

Fall out.

Fall out! This is between me & him.....& a little white ball.

Alright Mayo, lets see what you got.

'Lookie, lookie here.' ;)

i'll have a go if there is room

Put me down, I'm up for a game :)

I'm up for being knocked out in the first round. Count me in please.

Ill play and i have a few ideas on how to do it as well...

First few rounds should just be default settings so best of 3 etc..

Then as games progress and the matches should get higher make it out of 5 for the last few like 1/4s semis.

And in order to pick who plays who some one (the OP, or me i dont mind) gets a list of players and numbers them all randomly. The first half of people to reply (so if 18 players in this 1st 9 on the list) pick a number between 1-18 for example and thats there 1st opponent. Kinda like drawing it from a hat but means people get the chance to do it.

that makes 16 then

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom