AV Forums Podcast #15, September 29th 2006

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
The popular AV Forums podcast presented by Jason Bradbury has released its final episode (#15) on Friday 29th September. But don't panic, because the web radio show which is exclusively centred on AV Products and Software will be launching October 6th as the weekly AV Podcast.

In this episode we have the usual home cinema hardware, DVD and Gaming news; reviews of My Name Is Earl Season 1 on DVD and House Of Wax on HD-DVD; and an interview with Samsung.
In the news this time: new 1080p upscaling DVD players from Marantz and Denon; a 1080p projector from Sony; a video streaming box from Apple and wireless headphones from Philips.

37.2Mb, 38 minutes 25 seconds. Direct Link

Since launching in early 2006, the AV Forums podcast has been a regular feature within the top listings on iTunes and attracts on average 6,000 downloads per episode. But instead of resting on their laurels, the production team have listened to feedback from listeners and will now offer a more interactive and free flowing presentation where listeners can gather all the information they require, in a more relaxed and informal listening environment.

The format within the show will change with two main presenters, Jason Bradbury, who fronts Channel 5's Gadget show and AV Play Editor Phil Hinton, will guide listeners through new unscripted sections of the podcast. The AV Play review team will be introduced to listeners within the first broadcast and every week they will be on hand to chat about the discs they have reviewed and provide in depth discussion on the subject matter. AV Play assistant editor Seth Gecko will join Phil Hinton to discuss the big DVD and HD news of the week and Games Reviewer and news writer Ian Collen will be on hand to impart the week's big games news as well as discussing which games he has played that week.

And that's not all! As well as the main AV sections, the podcast will add hardware reviews and discussion centred on new home cinema products as well as the latest Gadgets and gizmos. And the master of the gadget, Jason Bradbury, will be presenting his own thoughts on the week's big gadget releases and news along with featured items he has been playing around with recently.

The AV Podcast will also continue to feature exclusive interviews with manufacturers and industry insiders as well as inviting AV Forums members to join in live to chat about their favourite products directly with the manufacturers.

Rounding off the new features will be the AV Podcast round table, a featured discussion involving Forums members, reviewers, manufacturers and anyone else with a love for the subject of AV.

Remember you don't need an iPod or portable mp3 player to listen every week, just click on the mp3 link on the AV Podcast page and you can listen on your computer as you continue to browse the web!

The possibilities are endless with a less formal running order and new features will be introduced as the weeks progress and the AV Podcast evolves………Tune in Friday 6th October 2006 for the new AV Podcast brought to you by the AV Forums and AV Play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice fast server you have there - max'd out my connection at 1.5MB/s.

Cheers.

Great podcast, and I'm glad it's now going to be weekly.

The Blu-Ray interview was interesting, although to claim 1080p is a selling point over HD-DVD confused me.

Is Jason Bradbury that bald geezer from The Gadget Show? (which I love btw, the female presenter is sweet :thumbsup: )

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom