AV forums on the gadget show!

yeah, but no mention when it came to the plug for selling stuff on ebay - how about "hey, keep 15% more of your money and sell your kit on AVF"?

Yea I just watched it too, that competition is ridiculously good!

and subsequently the record for most users is broken :smashin:

Amused me to see the 720p 37" Panny Plasma trouncing the 1080p 46" Tosh LCD for HD image quality as well :rotfl:

Was it really trounced? About 10 seconds was spent on comparing the images.

Amused me to see the 720p 37" Panny Plasma trouncing the 1080p 46" Tosh LCD for HD image quality as well :rotfl:

Its ture, it would. :D

Good to see us mentioned. And I must be fair I did once see them test HDMI cables and actually give the right advice to people not to buy overly expensive cables (The review and methods may have been basic, but the right advice was given). However, they did a projector experiment in one other slot I saw on youtube where the whole methodology was just wrong and as such the advice wasn't as valuable. BUT, I guess you have to cut a show like this some serious slack as it has to appeal to a very wide audience, but most of the advice they do give is pretty good (They mentioned important issues like room environment and the differences between the technology of each TV - something some so called experts dont do!). I guess as long as the educational stuff and advice is good, even if they are blowing things up etc, then thats all you can ask from a show like this. Plus even though Bentley's testing method was shockingly short, he at least picked the right one :cool:

Last edited:
I don't know why people complain so much about the show. I think they make a pretty good stab at things.

Like the above poster has said they have to cater to a wide audience.

I think all the presenters are charming and well informed as well.

Nice to see this forum mentioned in a positive light.

A well deserved mention :thumbsup:

Dave

The mention seems to have broken the site visit record again as well. :)

I don't know why people complain so much about the show. I think they make a pretty good stab at things.

Like the above poster has said they have to cater to a wide audience.

I think all the presenters are charming and well informed as well.

Nice to see this forum mentioned in a positive light.

This series has been a lot better than the last few. Those were sometimes ridicolous when doing their testing.

Hehe, I was a little surprised to see a mention on the programme too :D.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom