AV Forums Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Quite few teams have quite few similiar players in the league, so if you're behind by a bit gotta try something different.

I will probably do that with my next wildcard
I tried that a few seasons ago when I was in 2nd or 3rd.

Wildcarded due to a double game week, put Chelsea players in, triple captained Costa and plummeted to mid table 🤣🤣

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
@Theseus another one leaving Chilwell on the bench. A few managers have done this I notice. I hope to gain from it! Callum Wilson starts at Selhurst. Can't watch it though as it's on Prime Video.

Goto the main page of that link I sent you, I'm watching it via link 4. (Though didn't realise it was on Prime)

I ended up bringing in Vardy for a hit, so no Werner or Salah, but KDB and Vardy, see how it goes.

I swear if Aubameyang scores well this week after keeping faith for so long with him I will make a voodoo doll out of him.

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
I already have my team mapped out for wildcard at end of December :D

Going balls deep in midfield with premiums with two 6.0 strikers and no Kane.

*Rubs hands together*

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
Well I began watching Tranmere vs Brackley then I thought why not Brentford vs QPR, then I couldn't find the Sky remote so instead I'm listening to the classic album I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight by Richard and Linda Thompson.

Take THAT, football!

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
balls deep

*Rubs together*

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
Crazy, brilliant if not the best differentiator if you have had him all season, I think @When In Rome has had him since day one

Except I swapped him for Bamford when he did his hamstring a month back, but yes I had him from the start but though it took a -4 hit for next week, I just brought him back for Bamford last night! What I lost in the 0.2 team value, Wilson will put that back in no time, fact, they're probably making him 6.6 as I speak!

Theseus

@Theseus another one leaving Chilwell on the bench. A few managers have done this I notice. I hope to gain from it! Callum Wilson starts at Selhurst. Can't watch it though as it's on Prime Video.

I figured that 2 Chelsea defenders was risky versus Spurs and the 12 points from Wilson is sweet.

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
Has anyone here played the triple captain yet?

Contemplating it for KDB next week against Fulham!

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
Never play any chips until the final few weeks.

Same dilemma for me now is BUYING the ginger one.

If I seriously want to keep pace then he's almost essential but only because of captaincy potential.

Losing two decent players to accommodate him may prove a knee jerk and there's also the ECL and possible injury situation to consider.

Even if he's already in your team he could be either sidelined or even dropped to the bench against Fulham.

Seen it all before and while tempted, I feel able to make a smarter call this year.

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
Best triple captain was the ones that did Watkins against L'pool, that took balls :D

Yeah not gonna TC KDB this week, it's tempting but will wait.

Want the next wildcard already!

TayWax

Distinguished Member
I usually save TC for a double game week. And then watch as my chosen player is benched for both games and comes on as a sub for 10 minutes for a total of 6 points

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
Newcastle v Villa called off for Friday, but might be played midweek next week?

If not means double GW for those teams, but means players will bring there assets in for that week though.

I transferred in Wilson as my FT already, don't really wanna take another -4 but I will see.

Miss Mandy

I've just transferred Gresalish in and I have Target and Mings in defence so it could be a poor week for me. I can't even substitute a defender is as it's Saïss on my bench who still out.

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
Obvs with the Friday game being called off, the deadline is now changed to:

Gameweek 11:
Sat 5 Dec 11:00

I haven't heard anything about Villa v Newcastle for next week, given quarantine I would think that highly unlikely.

Because of that cancellation I will be playing without a keeper but hope that Harry Kane will be ready for Sunday, my only other injury concern.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett