AV for MA RX6 AV12

bravogolf

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've read through the various threads so apologies for another "recommend me a ..." thread. As some may recall I've got a lovely set of Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 speakers (the silver range, basically) being driven by a wholly underpowered Denon 1910 (at the time I couldn't possibly justify to my partner splashing out on expensive speakers and an amp at the same time :D)

In advance of January I'm compiling my shopping list and so far have the same MA speakers but with a new amp, with video supplied by the new Panasonic projector.

I'd really appreciate your expert advice on a suitable amp that makes the most of the speakers. Budget is around the 1k mark for the amp but can sneak in some more if I must. I've read that the MA's are bright and therefore the Onkyo mightn't be a suitable match so am thinking along the lines of:

Pioneer SC-LX73
Yamha RX-V2067 (though apparently the Pioneer is better)

Any recommendations or advice is appreciated :smashin:

Last edited:
Thanks Dante, that's not a bad offer but I don't want to rush into anything without getting a better understanding of the ideal amp. Am willing to wait and save longer if I have to. From what I read about the 3067 the Pioneer out performs it ever so slightly ...

That said, it does get some good reviews ....!

For the money you will not get better than the 3067. I would not read too much into reviews as they do not tend to be the most accurate and also what is good for one person may not be for another.
You will need to be paying probably close to double the current price of the 3067 to really get any improvement and probably more than that to get a significant improvement (and then you start getting the speakers as the limiting factor). The 3067 will be an ideal partner for your speakers and at the current price makes it a no brainer really.

Thanks PSM1 and Dante. I can't purchase until Jan unfortunately so can't take advantage of that great offer in Seven Oaks. What about the Acram's, are they worth considering?

Arcam is well worth considering although I am slightly biased as I have an Acram at the moment.

What about the Acram's, are they worth considering?
\

Yes, but they are expensive compared to other makes and they've had issues with their AV receivers over the past few years. If spending this kind of money then you seriously need to go out and compare the amps along side one another. Also read up on them as much as you can. There's no denying Arcam have a pedigree in terms of SQ, but the problems apparent with some of their AV amps has left a bitter taste in the mouths of quite a few buyers, this is especially poignant considering the expense involved.

Not had experience of them, but Anthem AV amps get good feedback for their SQ, but they look pug ugly and they too are on the expensive side. Maybe also consider these amps?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom