AV extender for use with V+ box

RICARDOMINSKI

Established Member
Reaction score
Have got V+ and broadband downstairs and 2 extra boxes in the kids' rooms so looking for a wireless av sender to send the picture from the V+ box to me and the wifes bedroom. Any suggestions appreciated for this :thumbsup:

I used a digisender which I bought from Argos many years ago when I had Sky. Worked great. I imagine the newer digisender models will work even better. One thing to bear in mind though is that if you are outputting via HDMI then all other outputs are disabled, so if you want to use digisender you will need to output using RGB.

Ta, knew about having to use SCART but am really looking for someone (anyone ?!) who is using an av sender ,which is still available, to send pictures from a TVDrive box and if possible which also has a remote extender (like Sky MagicEye). Surely someone must be doing this :lease:

Ta, knew about having to use SCART but am really looking for someone (anyone ?!) who is using an av sender ,which is still available, to send pictures from a TVDrive box and if possible which also has a remote extender (like Sky MagicEye).

All AV senders have remote extenders built-in & will work with the TVDrive/V+. The main problem with AV senders - and the reason I took mine back - is interference from wireless networks, digital cordless phones, microwaves, people/objects moving between sender & receiver, etc. Your best bet to start with is buy a cheap £15-£25 one from Argos or B&Q to test out. If it's rubbish, take it back. If it works, great - keep it or exchange it for one with better specs :)

I have an AEI digisender and have had mixed results with it. The main problem that frustrates me is that I might get a good picture but then the remote is either slow or not working. This is fine if you want to beam the footie and don't want to change channel but not if you like to channel surf. I think the problem as said above is the increased number of wireless products. I live in a block of six flats containing at least 4 other hubs than mine, I also have wireless headphones and PS3 and this sender has only 4 channels. Of course a wireless expert may come on here and tell me it should make no difference in which case I bow to their greater knowledge. If you live in your own detached house you should be fine but in flats or terraces you might experience the same problem.

Muzza1

Thanks for all the comments guys, surely though, someone on the forum is using an av sender with their TVDrive and its working well!

I'm using a Philips 1400 which works well. The sender box has an infrared extension which fits somewhere near the V+ infrared receiver. The sender box plugs into the TV Scart out - the sender then has its own SCART out which plugs into the TV.

The receiver plugs directly into the TV in the other room.

I point my V+ remote at it and it changes channel etc just like it should.

Yes, there is interference from microwaves and bluetooth - but not from mobile phones or from my Wifi boxes.

Quality is good.

Alan

I'm looking for an AV sender for my PACE box that includes a remote extender. I have seen numerous posts about AV senders for the V+ box but can anyone recommend one for the PACE?

Hi Harvest, your options largely depend on which Pace model you have. Have a read of my post here :)

Thanks Benraz, that link was very useful. I've checked my box it's a 4010N and further googling found me a website that listed all the PACE boxes and their set up for IRDA or normal IR. Mine is not IRDA so any sender should be OK.
I'm going to try a cheapish one from Ebay and see how I get on. They have some ex Maplin overstocked one's at around £29 including delivery that normally retail at £59 that look just the job

just incase anyone on here is interested I have a Philips sender that cost me £60 and has worked fine with NTL. Cost me £60 but is now surplus to requirements. If anyone is interested in a price for this let me know and I will set up a for sale thread.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom