Promoted AV Equipment Online Auction Sale from the administrators of Superfi

The rest of the bluesound went stupid - ordered a soundbar and a pair of Pulse 2s for £1200 open-box from SSAV, which was several hundred for less than the auctions finished for, as new with warranty. I was keen on a couple of subs, but they were ending in the £450-500 range, and they pop up on SSAV clearance often enough for cheaper.

I did apparently win a pair of node 2s and a flex 2i yesterday though.

I had half an eye on the chord Ttoby/Hugo TT2 pair this afternoon, but with it sitting at £4000 and bound to go much higher, no longer interested. I think this is the pair that was on demo in Nottingham Hi-Fi and as such should be working perfectly, but the thought of getting a lemon with something at that price is just a bit too scary.

I was watching a naim Muso but it ended at just under £500 so with the add ons and travel you would be paying much more than a brand new with warranty and delivered to your door- plain crazy

Well in a round about sort of way, hopefully inflated prices will mean the creditors may get something, if the liquidators don't take it all.

Well in a round about sort of way, hopefully inflated prices will mean the creditors may get something, if the liquidators don't take it all.

You mean the banks :laugh:.
Secured creditors first.

Unfortunately there is a set schedule of who gets paid first.

After the secured creditors the employees may get some arrears in wages under preferential creditors.

Next up is the secured creditors with floating charge.

THEN the unsecured creditors. This is where I think the hi-fi/av equipment suppliers fall into.

Finally share holders which lets face it have next to zero chance of getting anything in most cases.

TBH I don't think the hi-fi/av manufacturers will see that much from this if they are owed money.

You mean the banks :laugh:.
Secured creditors first.

Unfortunately there is a set schedule of who gets paid first.

After the secured creditors the employees may get some arrears in wages under preferential creditors.

Next up is the secured creditors with floating charge.

THEN the unsecured creditors. This is where I think the hi-fi/av equipment suppliers fall into.

Finally share holders which lets face it have next to zero chance of getting anything in most cases.

TBH I don't think the hi-fi/av manufacturers will see that much from this if they are owed money.

Yes, I'm well aware unfortunately of exactly who gets what and when. :thumbsdow

I asumme his Kef LS50 Wireless speakers were removed as with the premium and VAT they seemed to sell for a similar amount to what he was asking for them.

Oh dear Del Boy aka vgood271 on ebay is already getting bad feedback.

eBay Feedback profile for vgood321

Seems someone isn't very happy with the 'Roksan Blak Integrated Stero Amplifier' they purchased.

Maybe he had to withdraw the sale if he did not actually win the item or it went for more than he expected. Don't forget eBay and Paypal fees on top of Eddison's fees and VAT will add up

Maybe he had to withdraw the sale if he did not actually win the item or it went for more than he expected. Don't forget eBay and Paypal fees on top of Eddison's fees and VAT will add up

Maybe he shouldn't have been selling things he didn't actually own? :thumbsdow

Won my turntable. Pro-ject Classic Superpack RRP £1399 Paid £560 + fees and vat. Collect it next Wednesday.

Well, I've got my fingers crossed that it is the Superpack. They didn't actually list it as the Superpack, but the RRP they quoted is the official Superpack price and the picture that they showed was the Superpack deck. Unfortunately, I couldn't get there for the viewing days so I've bid on a bit of wing and a prayer.

Well, I've got my fingers crossed that it is the Superpack. They didn't actually list it as the Superpack, but the RRP they quoted is the official Superpack price and the picture that they showed was the Superpack deck. Unfortunately, I couldn't get there for the viewing days so I've bid on a bit of wing and a prayer.

Oh god.

Anyway, please update the Thread next week as you are the only member who seems to have bought something so far.

I bought a few item at half rep including commission and vat. A blue node 2 and momentum head phones. So collecting them Tuesday.

The keg ls50 ended up close to rrp so no bargains there .

Oh god.

Anyway, please update the Thread next week as you are the only member who seems to have bought something so far.

tenor.gif

I bought a Naim Supernait 2 and a Naim ND5 XS2 Network Music Streamer and I'm due to collect them on Tuesday. I did visit on one of the viewing days and both looked in good condition other than dust on them and both boxes contained what they should have. The test will come when I power them both up I guess.

Status report:

- Collected my bits this afternoon (2x Bluesound Node 2, 1x Flex 2i), all was fairly organised. I was booked in for 13:45, arrived there at exactly that time and only waited a few minutes for someone to come gather the lots with me.
- White Node 2 on display (with box) was mucky, which I already knew from the viewing. As expected, this came up like new with a minor wipe down. All accessories included and unopened.
- Black Node 2 was boxed but previously opened with signs of handling. All came good with a wipe down. All accessories included and unopened.
- Black Flex 2i was factory fresh, no signs of having ever been opened.

Most importantly, all of it works!

I did see a couple of people collecting bits that I know to have ended at price points nearing or in excess of street price. Was half-tempted to ask what on earth they were thinking but held off. Could be a VAT matter possibly?

Picked up the Supernait 2 and ND5 XS2 this morning.

The power lead, instruction manual, remote control and batteries for the Nait 2 were still sealed in their plastic bag unopened as was the power lead for XS2. Closer inspection at home shows no marks on any of them and I'm not convinced they have ever been used even though the auction stated they were display items.

Connected my speakers and the XS2 to the Nait 2 and powered up and everything is working just fine. :thumbsup:

Connected my speakers and the XS2 to the Nait 2 and powered up and everything is working just fine. :thumbsup:

Score - hope you got a fair discount from street price.

Now in hindsight I kinda wished I had stayed in the game for the Chord Hugo TT2 and Ttoby (that said I don't know what it ended for), and maybe even the 702/705/HTM71s, but the possibility, albiet remote, of getting lemons was just too much for my cojones at those price points.

I'm guessing you can negotiate a discount on new from hifi outlets but not sure how much. List price of new Nait 2 is £3249 and XS2 is £2299 so a total of £5548. I got them for £2001 and £1449 so a total of £3450 and saving on new of £2098.

I did look at some of the speakers on the viewing day but a lot were dented or scratched. I wanted to open some of the stand mount speaker boxes which had been resealed to check the condition of the speakers but they wouldn't let me unseal the box to check. I therefore decided against bidding and am now looking for a pair of floorstanding speakers to replace my old Castle Stirling 3s.

A pair of Monitor Audio Gold 200 floorstanding speakers went for around £1300 plus the various fees and one of them had a large chip on the front right corner. Whoever bought them is in for a shock when they collect if they didn't view beforehand.

Now in hindsight I kinda wished I had stayed in the game for the Chord Hugo TT2 and Ttoby (that said I don't know what it ended for), and maybe even the 702/705/HTM71s, but the possibility, albiet remote, of getting lemons was just too much for my cojones at those price points.

Well I was not going to budge on half RRP including tax/costs on anything so as a result got nothing.

BUT with renewed incentive what I did do instead is go and get Monitor Audio Silver 200 floor standers and Monitor Audio Silver C150 centre speaker this weekend.
Brand new unopened with 13% off for £1200 in white. 6 years warranty.

I am glad though no one has been stung yet with dead items from the auction.

Got all my Bluesound bits home after dropping in this morning. I've definitely splurged and might try and shift the Power Nodes on. All units brand new and three out of the five are still sealed. The guys running the place were really nice and everything was well organised.

By the looks of things anyone buying Bluesound gear has done really well. The one off bits that were offered for sale I'm not convinced about. Bose and other job lots was clearly an excess of stock rather then the odd return.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom