AV Distribution Again (Sorry)

P

piers-uk

OK, I know it's been asked but despite all that is written my question is not listed.

I want to distribute 2 Sky Boxes (1xSky+ & 1xSky) and my technomate to four locations in the house. Need to output to component AND Scart, as yet not all the TV's have component so need to rely on scart at some locations.

Budget is tight, none of your 20k touches here. The cheaper the better, SD Quality is fine.

Each location needs to be able to view a different OR the same source at any time

ie.

Lounge - Sky+
Kitchen - Sky+
Bedroom - Sky
Bedroom2 - Sky
Dining - Technomate

Suggestions:lease:

Piers

composite can be done cheaper (component is £3k Avatrix) and its component or scart not both do you need audio distirbution? Check out AVAtrix, AVLynx, Panorma and Smart-e for hardware but its is £1k+ minimum! for 4x4 distribution

Or just distribute the RF signals from the Sky boxes along bog-standard CT100 coax cable. For small TV's that 'll probably need an aerial connection anyway, I'd just feed the Sky boxes' RF outputs along with terrestrial TV signals. No Scarts, no composite. Keep it simple for these boxes. Simple=cheap and easy.

:eek::eek::eek:

1k!!!

Can it be done with Coax?

I can get a Avilynx (4in8out) for £389 Inc.

I've read your posts before regarding Avilynx but it seems a cost effective option at those prices.

Piers

Or just distribute the RF signals from the Sky boxes along bog-standard CT100 coax cable. For small TV's that 'll probably need an aerial connection anyway, I'd just feed the Sky boxes' RF outputs along with terrestrial TV signals. No Scarts, no composite. Keep it simple for these boxes. Simple=cheap and easy.

I've tried this with a Labgear loftbox, trouble is the picture from 1 skybox is dreadful, as soon as you add two or three it is unwatchable. I've retuned each box to output on a different channel and used the Taboo Channel Calculator to avoid channels which interfere... (Labgear HDU681)

I'm open to suggestions of other loftboxs though. :lease:
Piers

You need to tune your Sky RF output channels boxes to avoid each other and other TV channels. There is no reason other than that for poor pictures.

EDIT: Just re-read your post thoroughly! :blush: Ignore me. :suicide:

I've retuned each box to output on a different channel and used the Taboo Channel Calculator to avoid channels which interfere... (Labgear HDU681)

Hi Bob :smashin:

Thanks, I've done that as above but no joy. :confused:

Piers

I presume you just loop / daisy chain each Sky box into each other and then to the Labgear Loftbox for distribution?

Sounds as though the amplifier is being overloaded. As the Sky box does provide some form of amplification I wonder if it's just too much for the amplifer. If you output the daisy-chained Sky boxes to your lounge TV (i.e before amplification), how is the picture on the RF connection for each Sky box RF channel ?

Sounds as though the amplifier is being overloaded. As the Sky box does provide some form of amplification I wonder if it's just too much for the amplifer. If you output the daisy-chained Sky boxes to your lounge TV (i.e before amplification), how is the picture on the RF connection for each Sky box RF channel ?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If I daisy chain all three boxes and the CCTV Modulator and output directly to the TV rather than through the Labgear Loftbox I get a Perfect :thumbsup: picture.

So next thing is how to get that picture to appear around the house with similar quality?

If you solve this, you truly will be Mr Incredible
41JKSMEQJ1L._AA280_.jpg

Piers

There may be just enough amplification without the labgear in place? Failing that, try another make/model of amp, you could have a faulty one.

Or, try an attenuator in between the outputs and the amplifier. They're only a few quid and may be worth a shot. Just a thought!

Later bud!

:smashin: Top Man - Tried an old amp that I had in the roof and it works perfectly.

Superb -Thanks

Piers

All seems to be sorted. I did nothing more than unplug the TV plug from the Triplexer and left the return connected.

What's more, I have managed to send one of the signals to the box in the loft (The labgear is under the stairs) so I can have the computers around the house supplied with a signal too.

Thanks for your help Mr Incredible.

Piers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom