• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AV Dilemma - advise please

flyer

Established Member
I bought a Pioneer LX77 AV Receiver about 12 months ago at a reduced price of £799, I think it had been over £1000.
I use it with Kef egg speakers (around £1200) and a Pioneer blu-ray.

I have never really got to grips with all the functions and found the interface difficult, as such on a whim I went out and bought the Sony STR DN860. The sound is very good, but wait (for the price £349)! Easy to set up and interface is very good but.................

Now when looking at selling the LX77 I guess i will only get about £350 so my question is should I have stuck with the LX77?

Problem is I could never get the AS-WL300 Wireless converter to work, despite spending hours and hours trying to get it to connect.

How much better is the LX77?

Any recommendations or advise on these two would be much appreciated, particularly on setting up the LX77

Thanks

fxv300

Established Member
I too have a Sony STR DN860 and just about got used to all the menu options. The sound is fine by me. I use the AMP to watch 4K Netflix via my ROKU4 and also to play video and sound from my PC.
Excellent mid range amp, does all I need.

sounddog

Prominent Member
The best one is the one you enjoy using most...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom