AV digital sender units

N

nikhill

Hi all,

Having a slight problem that I can't seem to solve. I want to transmit my PC to a TV in another room. This I have done via a AV wireless sender unit however the picture on the TV is black and white. Follows is the kit Im using and hows it wired:

PC is connected to sender unit via an s-video to SCART lead, this is also connected to a local TV in the same room and the picture is perfect. The sender unit transmits freeview signals (audio and video) perfectly so I know thats in working order. However, when I send a PC signal not only is the picture in b/w but also no audio.

The idea is too make my standard PC into a media center which is remote controllable from another room (the rmote feature is built into the sender unit)

Any thoughts on why I only get b/w image on the TV in another room?

Thanks

The lightly problem is that the TV's SCART input doesn't like the S-Video signal, in which case you'll need to go into another SCART socket on the TV or try to select AV*/S. With regards to having no PC sound, the problem could be with the connection from PC to sender as the sound works on Freeview. Check the audio connection if coming from the PC's sound card.

Cheers MuffKing.

I was also thinking the SCART input to the remote TV because the S-video-SCART lead coming from the PC goes into a SCART splitter unit. Of this splitter is one SCART/SCART into the local TV, the other is SCART to V/L/R RCA connectors. This in turn plugs into the sender unit. Thus enabling the ability to watch the signal locally and remotley. Locally the picture quality is fine.

Also, on the receiver unit the SCART plug does not have a full complement of pins. Most are missing, this could also be the problem.

I think you've got the idea. Don't worry so much about the part wired scart on the receiver as it will be wired for A/V out rather than A/V in/out.

Hiya, I think Ive found what Im looking for to cure the B/W issues going from s-video to SCART.

www.svideo.com/svideoscart.html

This artical states that a standard s-video/SCART connection only supports composite video hence B/W but and also state that if I were to buy the lead from them they can guarentee a color signal.

However. do you think that rather then purchase a new s-video/SCART lead, I could get away with getting an RCA/S-video lead any divert the video signal on the receiving unit into the s-video socket on the front of the TV rather than going straight into the SCART socket on the rear of the TV.....

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks again

nikhill said:
do you think that rather then purchase a new s-video/SCART lead, I could get away with getting an RCA/S-video lead any divert the video signal on the receiving unit into the s-video socket on the front of the TV rather than going straight into the SCART socket on the rear of the TV.....

Absolutely, yes. It would be tidyer to go in the back of the TV, but you would need to go into a compatible scart, but the front will take S-Video.

My only worry is thowing good money after bad - I wanna make sure the RCA/S-video lead will in fact display color after the signal has made its way from my PC - to the SCART splitter - to the transmitter and finally RCA video out of the reciever - back to S-video........

Just gotta bite the old bullet I guess.

Cheers Muff

Which AV sender/receiver are you using BTW and how much was it as I'm also on the hunt for a good one.

Its a Thompson VS-650. I got it off Bidup-TV for 45 about 8 months ago and have been using it to send AV to our bedroom - however since the majority of movies we watch now are downloaded from the net I 've found a much better application for it as a media sender (providing I can get colour singals ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom