1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV connections

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by joepsion2000, Jul 18, 2002.

1. joepsion2000

joepsion2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm about to get a new VCR (Toshiba V732UK - any opinions on this model?) with twin SCARTS, to replace my old one with a single connector.

My current system is connected this way

TV EXT1 (RGB) > Sky Digibox
    TV EXT2 > VCR

After reading various threads it seems that the best way (?) to connect up my new VCR would be:

TV EXT1 (RGB) > Sky Digibox AV1
    TV EXT2 > VCR AV1
    VCR AV2 > Sky Digibox AV2

So my question - what will this allow me to do that I currently cannot? What does the extra SCART connection between the Digibox and VCR give me?

Will I be able to view live RGB through VCR?
    Will I be able to automatically record programmes using Sky Personal Planner's Autoview feature?

Cheers,
    Joe

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    My setup is very simple.
    SKY RGB Scart --- TV RGB Scart
    SKY vcr Scart --- VCR Scart

I personally don't think you need anything more, you could add another scart between the VCR and TV if you didn't want to use the SKY's scart pass through.
    As for using the digibox to control your new VCR then I have no idea if it will work, doesn't work on my 2 year old Panasonic but that has Sat control and is far more reliable than any other method.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I very much doubt if you will get any extra funtionality from your new connection, I think I understand what you'd like to achieve, it just doen't seem to work like that.