1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV Connections - Help needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Albo1960, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Albo1960

Albo1960
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure that (a) this has been asked many times before and (b) what I need is out there somewhere - it's just you can probably help me find it a lot quicker than I can do it.

Is there an idiot's guide to linking up all of our AV equipment?

My kit is

Old Panasonic TV (two scarts)
    Panasonic Video (two scarts)
    Hauppage Freeview box (one mini scart)
    Cheapo DVD player

I'm about to buy a Tosh RDXS34 and will then buy a better TV

My main aim is to DVD record lots of my old videos

Can you show me the right direction to go?

thanks

Albo1960

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Assuming the Toshiba will replace the cheapo dvd player too so you can use that elsewhere in the house. Connect the Freeview box into the Toshiba scart input. Connect the Toshiba scart output to the Panasonic's main (RGB) scart socket. Connect the video to the Toshiba's phono composite/ audio inputs at the back (if it has one). If its a svhs video connect it via s-video at the back instead on the Toshiba. With regard the RF/Aerial connection put either the Toshiba or video first depending on which has the best aerial signal boosting ability. No point putting the Toshiba first if it slightly attenuates the signal or vice versa. You can if you want also connect the video to the tv via the second scart socket.

This is just a general idea as I don't know specifically the sockets on all the items you've mentioned.