1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV channel on TV to HIFI AUX problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by subaru6r4, Feb 19, 2005.

1. subaru6r4

subaru6r4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MY TV model is a samsung CI15N112T (scart on back and side audio/video in)

Hi, I am having trouble with using the audio out (via scart adapter)to the AUX on my HIFI. It works perfectaly on normal TV (Channel 1,2,3,4,5) but when I use my playstation (side AV socket) and put it on the input channel on the TV, the sound on the HIFI stays the same as the terrestrial channel it was on previously (I cant get the playstaions audio).

When on the input channel (the playstation) if i press the TVs buttons (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) it will change the audio coming out of the TV and into the HIFI. ( I see the playstation graphics on the screen but hear terrestrial TVs audio on my HIFI).

What I would like to know is how can i use the scart (audio out)while using the side inputs (playstation) and hear the sound of the playstation on both the TV and the HIFI.

One way it could work is if there is an actual channel number of the side AV inputs. That way i could press input on the remote to view the playstation and then the channel number to get it's audio to my HIFI.

Thanks alot for your help as I am really stuck on what to do.

Tom Roblin.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I assume that you are using the composite input on the side of your TV for the PS2 (yellow, red & white connection)? It may well be that your TV does not have the facility of a through put on the audio if you HIFI has more than one input though you could simply connect only the picture to the TV (yellow) and connect the sound (red & white) directly to your hifi.

As an asside - does your TV's scart socket support RGB? if it does you will get much better picture quality from connecting your PS2 to the rear scart (but remember to go into the PS2 setup and change the output to RGB too)