1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV Cabling

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Clint C, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    This may have been discussed before but I've done a search and can't find what I'm looking for. This is also my first post on this site.

Please help, I have an Athlon XP2100 512MB PC2700 DDR HCPC using a Radeon 9000 64MB TV Out (Svideo) card for display to my Sony Wega 32FX60 (which when playing DVDs looks nice), a PCTV Rave fed from the RF out of my Sky box. There is some interference when viewing the tv output via Showshifter to my 32FX60 from the Radeon... my question is this, is there a way of connecting the RGB Scart output of the Sky box (Panasonic DSB30) to the SVideo input of the Rave card to improve the picture quality?

If not then how without changing major components?

I look forward to your responses.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    There are several devices available to convert RGB to s-video, if that's what you need to do. John Sim, a member here makes possibly the best. His site is www.rgbtosvideo.com £75 or so for the converter. Some sky boxes can output svideo via scart, they give a choice between composite, svideo and RGB on the tv setup menu.