• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Av cabinet shelf depth of at least 500mm

teoman73

Hello all

Can anyone recommend a decent cabinet with a decent shelf depth?

My onkyo 818 amp is massive!

Going bespoke seems the only option. But my budget is no more than £250

Thanks

MaturityDodger

Hi,
I have an equally massive stereo amp. I already had an open-backed unit that was nowhere near deep enough. But I have the amp on the bottom shelf, with a plank of wood behind the unit, effectively extending the bottom shelf backwards.
Would something like that work for you?

teoman73

audioenthusiast said:
Hi,
I have an equally massive stereo amp. I already had an open-backed unit that was nowhere near deep enough. But I have the amp on the bottom shelf, with a plank of wood behind the unit, effectively extending the bottom shelf backwards.
Would something like that work for you?

Send some pics?

SmokeyWeasel

Standard Member
Hi Teoman,

Have you had a look at the Chunky Monkey thread... Admittedly the final product is likely to be above your budget, perhaps £300-£400 - but its all marginal extras (for an additional £50 (from your 250 budget - you can get what you want). My initial budget was around £80 - but soon parted with more....

http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-stands-cabinets-seating-furniture/1285476-chunky-monkey-10.html

My design was a low, wide profile with depth at 500mm - see word doc on above link...

If anything, hope the above link gives you some inspiration...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom