AV cabinet cooling question

meister74

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently purchased one of these: Buy S & C ZIN422510/BKI TV STAND | TV STAND 50" - TV Stands | Comet

I have assembled it but left the rear panel off completely for ventilation, but am still concerned that too much heat will build up inside when everything is running (the front glass door can/will be closed when stuff is running).

Inside will be an Onkyo AV receiver (one side), a Humax FreeSat PVR and an Oppo Bluray player (other side).

Can anyone suggest a standalone suitable fan/cooling system for this setup? Ideally something that will fit inside the cabinet when front is closed, ideally quite slim/small. Can be mains powered or USB, since each device has a USB port. Ideally I want to buy something ready to plug in, rather than making something up.

As it stands, all ventilation is only to the rear, with little available from top, bottom or sides. There is very little clearance above the Onkyo and I am concerned it needs some help!

Many thanks.

I was looking to invest in some sort of cooling device for the arrival of my new receiver which was slightly bigger than my last one but i dont need to now. I was checking ones out on ebay and there are a whole host of suitable ones for what you need.

Just type in usb fan and the selection should appear. Best one i could see was for a laptop and about £15, if even. It had 3 or 4 small fans and could be folded flat or at an angle. Looks wont make a difference as its going to be hidding away after all but they are available for little money.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom