av cabinet cooling fan thermostat

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by TURBOTRONICS, Feb 8, 2014.

1. TURBOTRONICS

TURBOTRONICS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all
    i have all my av equipment in a small cupboard in the corner of my livingroom but as iv added more stuff i had to fit a fan to keep everything cool and as time has gone on i have had to fit larger and more powerfull fans to keep up especialy when the ps3 in on but the noise is now rediculous so i want to fit a thermostat so it only comes in when needed i thought maybe a central heating room thermostat but the work the other way round to what i need ie room temp goes down stat kicks in i need room temp to high stat kicks in
    has anyone had eny experience with this and can recomend anything i dont want to spend a fortune
    thanks for any help in advance

2. TURBOTRONICS

TURBOTRONICS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have picked up a little circuit up from maplins today ref:RR51F and have assembled it this evening and it looks like it will do the job just fine

3. Raymondinio

Raymondinio
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I use a " alphacool heatmaster 2 " its quite expensive especially when you add on fans ,thermostats & time BUT you need a pc or laptop to set it up initially.
    My set up has 6 thermostats and will have 7 fans that run quite slowly they switch themselves on and off at whatever temperature I want and help cool the hotter components more like the amp !
    I'm still in the process of completing it .

Did yours do the job ok ?

Attached Files: