AV and Speakers- budget is from 800 to 1000 region

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mac87, May 8, 2007.

1. Mac87

Mac87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Iv recently bought a new tv and dvd player, toshiba lcd and hd player.
    Now i want to purchase my home cinema speakers and av amp, iv got about 800 to 1000 pounds to spend, i got to have the best bass line for the price.
    Also my room is around 10m by 6m, any advise?

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    10x6m, fair sized room....

being honest, you need to blow a good portion of the budget on the subwoofer if you want any kind of decent bass in that room......a BK Monolith or SVS PB12-NSD are the best bets....however they will eat up close to half the budget if you peak at £1k.....

to go with it, well, two pairs of standmount speakers from Richer sounds, something like Gale or Mordaunt Short, say £100 a pair tops, get the matching centre, that leaves you £250 for the amp, Denon, Yamaha and Cambridge Audio are the usual names worth mentioning at that price....

bingo, 5.1 sound, you can always add another pair of speakers for 7.1 at a later date if you cant go over the £1k....

3. Mac87

Mac87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    :thumbsup: thanks for that advice wasreally helpful.
    But im using another room for my main setup now, which is 6m by 4m.
    I have been looking at the packages like 5.1 setups by ae, kef etc,isit better to go for the same make packages or different makes and set it up how you would want, i am a seperates home cinema first time buyer, i have bought from richer sounds before 3 years ago i bought a hifi setup. Any ideas for the 6m by 4m room please? Again i want a good b line.