1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

av amps

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by wilmer, Dec 7, 2002.

1. wilmer

wilmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am just getting into home cinema, decided to go the seperates root, i had considerd a home cinema package from the likes of jvc, sony ,pioneer, panasonic, found them all a bit thin and harsh sounding when things really got going.
    I then came across this sight, some of u chaps on here seem to know far more than some home cinema specalist shops.
    I am looking at av amps from denon , marantz, onkeyo, sony, yamaha.budget on av amp up to £450. could you give me some idea on these amps as to there sound ie bright sounding, warmer sounding ,easer to listen to over longer periods. i dont like amps that may impress for 10 min then begin to get onyour nerves. advice i have been given from 3 shops non of them rated marantz amps but on here they seem rated, are they just trying to sell me a amp that they have plenty of stock of or more profit ? would be greatfull of your opinions.