1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV amps with Component in/out

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Taz69, May 31, 2005.

1. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi guys,

I may be thinking about a New AV amp, at present I have a Sr4300 Marantz which I like, but I am organising my new lounge and kit and I am thinking of upgrading the amp.

I use component from my xbox and dvd to a LCD at present, I would like to be able to hook my xbox dvd upto a Plasma/LCD and a PJ without swapping leads, are there any AV amps out there that have 2 or more component inputs along with 2 outs for linking to a Plasma/LCD and a PJ so I can switch between the diff displays without fiddling around with Cables, also I expect its alittle early but do any of the amps offer HDMI/DVI to switch between component in and HDMI out ?

Thanks in advance

Taz

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi TAZ

If you've got the cash, look at the new Denon A1XV (or 5805 if you're in the states). Its got pretty much everything that's available today and more. Its got the usual 'rca' type component video out as well as the 'BNC component out.Whether or not you can use them concurrently I'm not sure. HDMI and DVI switching also there !!

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/DenonAVR5805p1.php

Take a look at this link, they know a lot more than I do :)

As a matter of interest are you happy with your KEF PSW 3000, I need a new sub and am looking

Skinny

3. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks m8, i will have a look, I am in the UK, on the Sub, I am delighted with it, I can hide it anywhere, it has remote control, it really thunders with Movies, I havent even run it in yet, lol
    I got mine when they were £600 but I bought the maple finish from unbeatable.com for £300 which was a bargain at the time, Jan 2004 they are now around £300 everywhere I think.

Taz

4. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Ok after having a look at the price, the A1 although a very nice piece of kit is out of range at the mo, looking for something cheaper, or is there anything else out there will let me have this feature, surely you guys walk into this problem, lots of you have Pj's and Plasma's in the same room.

I did have a SR4300 feeding my PJ and the Tosh feeding my LCD but would now like to slim down.

Cheers
    Taz