Wanted AV Amplifier and 5.1 Speakers - in Black

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by nheather, Jun 13, 2015.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,521
    Looking for a budget but good AV Receiver and 5.1 Speaker set for my mancave project.

Home theatre is a secondary concern and originally I didn't have a TV in the plans at all. But with scope creep I now have a 55" TV and had planned to use a soundbar. But the soundbar soon added a sub-woofer and I'm now thinking that I may as well go 5.1

So what do I want

An AV Amp. Black. Don't need oodles of power - it will only be driving small speakers. 5.1 is fine. Must have HDMI switching. 1080P is sufficient. A low height one would be great but not essential.

5.1 Speakers (so including a sub). Reasonable quality. Black. Can be small (Just for movies and PC). Something like Keff eggs or Canton Movie system would be great.

AV and Speakers as a package would be great but happy to consider them separately.

Budget - £200 - £300 would be great but have some flexibility.

Cheers,

Nigel

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. goldengun

goldengun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I have the following equipment which may be of interest:

Denon 1909 AV Receiver
    Sony STR-DA2400ES AV Reveiver
    Denon 1610 AV receiver

Definitive Technology Pro-cinema 80 5.1 package (4x Promonitor 80's, 1x Procenter 100, active subwoofer)

Orb Audio 5.1 Package: 5x black orbs with table stands, orb audio "Super 8" active subwoofer. Essentially similar to the Mod1 package.

Let me know if any of the above would be of interest.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  3. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,521
    Either of the AV Receivers would more than do the job - ideally a low profile one would suite my cabinet better so I would be inclined to carry on looking some more.

Never heard of either of those speakers so would have to do some research. The orbs looking intriguing - what set is it.

And to give people idea on prices.

For the AV Receiver, I could resort to buying the PIONEER VSXS310 from Richer Sounds for £230 so second hand I would be looking at less than that.

Cheers,

Nigel

4. goldengun

goldengun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just edited my first post with more info. Denon 1610, the orb audio set looks like the current "Mod1x" package but with the "Super 8" subwoofer.

5. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140