1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV Amp without processing/decoding?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Andy Dee, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Andy Dee

Andy Dee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Is it possible to get an amp with Video inputs and anoutput but without any onboard processing decoding functions?

Looking for a powerful 2 channel amp that allows me to hook up 1 or 2 Video and Audio sources and only ouput a stereo signal alongside the selected Video source.

So basically hooking up a Vhs Video, or a DVD unit, outputting to a Data projector and A large pair of stereo speakers

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    Andy Dee

One solutions is to add a high quality Video Switcher to a decent quality Stereo Amp of your choice.

You could add a Zektor HDS4 Four Input Video + Stereo or Digital Audio switcher to pretty much any Amplifier you fancy.

If the Stereo Amp has IR control all the better as you then teach the Zektor to switch video inputs in tandem with your choice of Input on the Stereo amp.

See http://www.zektor.com

Best regards

Joe

3. Andy Dee

Andy Dee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Joe

Pm Sent!

4. AVC

AVC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there are a few Stereo AV receivers, one comes to mind is Marantz SR-4320.
    Not that powerful, 80 watts i guess but it does have video switching inside.

5. gfforce3

gfforce3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a Rotel RB1070 2 channel amplifier and I also have a Arcam AVR300 receiver. Please fill me in with this, since I am new at this. Which is the best way of setting my unit? Should I bi-amp my front main left and right speakers using the Arcam 6 and 7 channel and hooking the Rotel 2 channel amp to the left and right surround back speakers or hook up the Rotel amp to the front main left and right speakers and hook up 6 and 7 channel for left and right surround back speakers? I notice either way gives me 7.1 surround but for music that is what confusing me. :D

PS: I'm running all Polk Audio speakers...
    Center CSi5, Front L&R RTi10, RS,LS FXi3 and RSB,LSB RTi6
    12/15 Velodyne sub.