AV amp with chromecast facility?

patrober

I'm at the early stages of planning an upgrade of my aging, and failing denon AVC-a1 amp. Seeing that the amps now have wifi built in these days, does that mean I can disband my audio and video chromecast devices and cast directly to the amp to play, or is that a facility limited to only some amps, and will have to keep my chromecast dongles to retain this facility?

Currently thinking of something like Marantz sr7015 (despite being concerned with the pinned posts above about firmware issues!)

Cheers!

unoduo

I believe the vast majority (if not all) of avrs with Chromecast support only have audio functionality (ie. a built in Chromecast Audio).

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I believe the vast majority (if not all) of avrs with Chromecast support only have audio functionality (ie. a built in Chromecast Audio).

Agreed, I'm also not aware of any AVR with a video CC integrated, only a few with an audio CC sadly, mainly Sony, Onkyo and Pioneer

you're more likely to find a built in video Chromecast in a TV or source device. The one in my TV works just as well as a Chromecast.

patrober

Looking at the manual for the sr7015 theres no mention of casting using chromecast (video or audio) so looks like I will have to keep with the couple of dongles when i upgrade. Shame.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
It's not Chromecast but the HEOS syst on the Marantz might cover what you need, although TBH I'm more than happy to use my CCA, connect with a suitable cable via optical for a big upgrade in SQ and send it decent quality music and it shines IMO.

patrober

It's not Chromecast but the HEOS syst on the Marantz might cover what you need, although TBH I'm more than happy to use my CCA, connect with a suitable cable via optical for a big upgrade in SQ and send it decent quality music and it shines IMO.
(quickly looks up HEOS on google...)

patrober

I have a few sources on my phone that arent the usual ones such as bandcamp, BT cloud but support casting to chromecast that I imagine wont be supported by HEOS.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom