Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

AV amp to run centre and rear

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by theo cupier, Oct 5, 2004.

1. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I currently have a Musical Fidelity B1 driving my Rogers LS4a stereo speakers. I want to move to a surround setup whilst keeping the B1/LS4a combination for hifi and as the front l & r in surround.

What would be a good amp to drive the centre and rear speakers? I'm thinking about a Yamaha AX750SE or RX-v1400. What would you recommend, to work well with this existing setup?

Also, how on earth do I wire this lot up and set it up to get everything in balance/sync.

Any help appreciated!

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Might be worth considering a yamaha DSP-E800, this is slightly cheaper than the two you mention as it is a dedicated add-on processor, it only contains amplification for the centre and rear channels. This means you aren't paying for features you'll never use.

It has DD and DTS 5.1 decoding so doesn't support the newer sound formats but this may well not be an issue for you, it certainly isn't for me. They are available for a reasonable price now as I believe yamaha are about to stop making them.

HTH
    Owain

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13