Av Amp to laptop

steve k

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if its posable to connect my laptop to the pioneer ASA-AX10i so i can play my music files of the laptop :confused:

im sure it is! You need a minijack (headphone type connector) to 2 phonos more likely than not. These are available at all the bigger cable suppliers for next to nothing for a cheap one...... try www.lektropacks.com

ad

if i connect the laptop with minijack it will only give me stereo,
can i connect the loptop with the i-link the Pioneer AX10i has 2 i-link connectors, if so would this give me the abilaty to play movie's of my laptop with 5.1 surrond

that would rather depend on your laptop, but i doubt it....

ad

The other alternative would be to get a external usb sound card and use digital output on the sound card.

I use to do this with my sony laptop using a creative lab exitgy.

Regards

James

My laptop has SPDIF output on one of the 3.5mm audio jacks (Toshiba 5100) and I've never managed to get this to output digital sound to my AX5i. I'm using the correct leads (3.5mm to phono plug to the co-ax digital input on amp). I've tried using WinDVD to send a DVD sound but no luck. I assume its a setting on the laptop but Toshiba's manual is useless.

Any ideas which might help Steve or I

Cheers

Dave

have you tried looking in start-control panel-sounds and audio devices for something useful?

ad

Yes!!

It's driving me batty!

Thanks

Dave

doh, sorry! I might be able to work it out if I had it sat in front of me..... but otherwise I cant be much help!

ad

There's a very nice little USB DAC/input output box aimed at laptops and PCs from M-Audio called the Transit which may fit your bill.

www.maudio.co.uk

i got myself a usb Creative labs sound blaster Audigy2 NX yesterday and installed it on my laptop, the sound diff waz fantastic even when i used my headphones tried it with the Matrix.
This little sound system even comes with a remote, only thing i could not do is use window media player ,
Any ideas James

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom