av amp recommendation

nickb23

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a new slimline av amp so that it can fit underneath my TV within the TV cabinet (tosh 32zd26p). At the moment my amp is lying next to the TV looking ugly. I have seen some amps that are no bigger than a dvd player.

Any recommendations????

Nick B

Are you unhappy with your amp? Considered buying a new av rack that will take your existing amp / TV etc? or could you fit in a hifi rack next to the tv maybe?

The slimline AV amps are usually entry level models that don't cut it so your money may be better spent on a stand (my Quadraspire rack went down really well with my wife even though it cost £600+ -son't worry, they're not all that price!)

Hi Nick
The new panasonic SA-XR45 is very slim 6x 100 watts plus all the latest specs. It also got good reveiws for what its worth.
AVland are doing it for 339 quid have a look on there website.
Cheers Gonzo.

Hi Nickb23,

Have you looked at the new Pionner VSX-C501-S? It has a great spec, 6x100w, DTS ES Matrix 6.1, DTS ES Discrete 6.1 and Dolby Digital EX, Pro Logic II and DTS NEO:6. Plus it has the Automatic MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System) setup. All in a box thats only 7cm high and can be had for around £310.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=5048&taxonomy_id=62-98

I'm just about to order one as it fits very nicely with my Pioneer 565 player in my Loewe Rack1 stand. Plus, for what its worth, it was tested in the recent issue of What Hifi and received 5 stars.

Hope this helps your decision.

Cheers

IanS

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom