AV amp has died. What direction to go with a replacement?

SonicHedgehog

Good grief! What a sound! No set up, just plugged it in straight out of the box and it sounds amazing. So much detail, clarity and rhythm. I’m sure I’m going to have some set up questions but I really can’t think there is anything better sounding for £1199. incredible.

D

Deleted member 39241

Good grief! What a sound! No set up, just plugged it in straight out of the box and it sounds amazing. So much detail, clarity and rhythm. I’m sure I’m going to have some set up questions but I really can’t think there is anything better sounding for £1199. incredible.
What did you buy in the end?

ashenfie

You won't regret getting the 390 decent AVR, if you need any help let me know and I will try and assist

SonicHedgehog

Thanks everyone. Having been weaned off the hifi drug several years ago I had forgotten how good it can sound. I’m already scouring the interweb for a five channel power amplifier for even more oomph, not that it needs it. First things first though, I need to wrap my head around Dirac. I can’t believe I’m about to say this but I might actually need to read the manual!

D

Deleted member 39241

This is a good introductory video for Dirac, and fairly up to date:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom